What kind of stuf u can't take into the HSC? (1 Viewer)

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
we had our supervised of the exams come and talk to our whole year before we finished school.
We are aloud to take a drink bottle in but it must be see through and contain water and we are also aloud to take lollies but they must be unwraped and in a clear container or plastic back. we cant have anything that makes a noice that other people will beable to hear as it may distract them. Our pencils and stuff have to be in a clear leaflet.
We are not aloud to take our bags in but if we have a bag it is locked in the kitchen in our examination room. We are not aloud to have moble phones in.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Karoooh,

What school do you go to?

My school has prohibited bags in class rooms not just for Occupational, Health and Safety reasons, but also during exams for the fact that there is a possibility of concealing something in them, and it makes it difficult for the supervisors.

Secondly, didn't you sit the School Certificate? It too was an externally based examination, and required that there be no mobile phones in the exam room.

Clear Pencil Cases and Plastic Sleeves have been used at our school for all HSC Assessment tasks. And in the event of single class assessments, to just have a pen on the desk and that is all.

As for wearing school uniform, my school asks of it. Pesonally I think it's beneficial - I may be inclined to get too relaxed if I weren't wearing it, and I've never had a problem with my uniform being uncomfortable?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Wrist watches are to be placed on the desk.

Or in the event your scholastic institution is too poor to afford desks, the crammed piece of floor in which you will be doing your work.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
yes..,. as long as it isn't beeping every 5 minutes and annoying the shit out of everyone else in the hall...

my school dosn't require people to wear uniform..., but i wouldn't mind wearing it, i agree with jared you would be too relaxed out of it...

HSC
N/A
politik said:
You can't take pens in. They are provided in the examination room.
No, that's not true... it's too costly for the board, not to mention they ask students to "please use blue or black pen" (implies students provide pen)

And yes, if you have a medical condition, you can apply for special considerations. If your eating etc may disrupt other students, they can just move you to separate room :)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
You definately cannot take food in there. I'm not sure about drinks (if you are, water only. Some guy once tried to tell me he took in vodka...but I'm pretty sure he was lying). And you just can't take pencilcases, extra sheets of paper, or pretty much anything with writing on it. I was wondering if you are allowed to bring tissues in??? For some reason, whenever I am in an exam I always have a runny nose...
You can take food and drinks.

For my 4u maths HSC exam i took in a load of lindor chocolate. Everyone takes in at least water, if not other drinks aswell. I also saw alot of people consuming food during exams where you have time to think (such as maths).

karoooh

HSC
JaredR said:
Karoooh,

What school do you go to?

My school has prohibited bags in class rooms not just for Occupational, Health and Safety reasons, but also during exams for the fact that there is a possibility of concealing something in them, and it makes it difficult for the supervisors.

Secondly, didn't you sit the School Certificate? It too was an externally based examination, and required that there be no mobile phones in the exam room.
I go to Randwick. And about the phone thing: Like that stopped us from bringing our phones into the exam room that time, switched to silent/turned off, left in our bags.

And they plan on doing a quick search for phones or whatever we don't need before we sit down - i.e. Nothing hands on, just making us empty our pockets.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
GaganDeep said:
what bout tic tacs
GaganDeep said:
what about tic tacs
Haha, looks like no one really noticed your question or bothered answering to that. I don't think you could bring tic tacs into the exam room, as they're noisy/distracting and I guess are considered a form of food, which is not allowed anyway. :p

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
What if i wrap in em in a cling wrap or sumething lol
"You can take food and drinks.

For my 4u maths HSC exam i took in a load of lindor chocolate"
and " guess are considered a form of food, which is not allowed anyway." contradictory which 1 is correct

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
i've heard that sometimes they let you take candy into the exam room, but you have to keep it in a clear plastic case, but im not 100% where i heard it...

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Our English teacher gave us each Kinder Suprises' during our last English lesson. She said we can take in the toys we recieved into the examination centre as "Good Luck".

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
Our English teacher gave us each Kinder Suprises' during our last English lesson. She said we can take in the toys we recieved into the examination centre as "Good Luck".
XD Just make sure you don't push the test paper around in stress and push the toy off the table every five seconds :p

ReaL~

HSC
lilsxcwog89 said:
are u serz?
my teacher did that too! XD

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Was it an English teacher? (They must think alike). My toy is retarted though, its a magician and his hand comes off so easily, so not sure whether to take it into the examination room. However I got the same KS toy as the dux of the college, hope that means good luck.

ReaL~

HSC
yea it was an english teacher XD
my toy was an ogre........

It's possible that you two are in the same class. :p
hmmm maybe we are =S wat are the chances xD

Riviet

HSC
N/A
GaganDeep said:
u can;t take food in, read on board of studies.
Yeah, even the water bottles have to have the label peeled off for 100% transparency. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)