What makes a successful salesperson? (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
What are the most important qualities?

1.) Enjoys competition.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
What are the most important qualities?

1.) Enjoys competition.
Ability to work on shit ass commission.

If non-commission based, Bubbly personality and actually knowing what the hell you are selling.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
it's easier to be a good salesperson when you actually believe in what you're selling, and if you don't, convince yourself quick!

"Fake it til you make it"

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
It's great when the salesperson shows interest in what I'm buying and why and tries to help me work out what would be best for that purpose, especially when they've got a good awareness of what's available.
Of course, they're getting me to spend more money, but I'm happy with what I pick out with their help and they're selling stuff, so everyone wins. Plus I tend to form a good opinion of the shop and their staff and end up going back.

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
LOL really???

omg
Yeh, it's true. I've read that goodlooking people tend to do better in sales because people see them as more trustworthy and honest. Check this article out: Beauty and the Sales Commission: Looks Can Boost Performance - Knowledge@W.P. Carey It's about good looks and its effect on the performance of salespeople. It's not surprising that good looking salespeople tend to do better cos good looking people tend to be liked more easily and are often perceived as good people.

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC
Confidence (in what you're selling), good persuasive skills to get people to buy into you're trying to sell), solid knowledge of the product(s) you're selling, and most importantly, good acting skills (having your poker face on all the time so that potential buyers don't think you're trying to BS them).

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Confidence (in what you're selling), good persuasive skills to get people to buy into you're trying to sell), solid knowledge of the product(s) you're selling, and most importantly, good acting skills (having your poker face on all the time so that potential buyers don't think you're trying to BS them).
what's poker face?

yea I have pimples so it looks like someone poked me on my face 100000xx times but i dont think that's what u meant.

akrinis

HSC
what's poker face?

yea I have pimples so it looks like someone poked me on my face 100000xx times but i dont think that's what u meant.
Poker face = your "Game on" face; the "This is SERIOUS BUSINESS" face. Customers can tell when you look confused about what you're trying to sell or aren't seriously making an effort into making a sale, so you have to try to look as convincing to them as possible, so put your Poker Face on!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Poker face = your "Game on" face; the "This is SERIOUS BUSINESS" face. Customers can tell when you look confused about what you're trying to sell or aren't seriously making an effort into making a sale, so you have to try to look as convincing to them as possible, so put your Poker Face on!
Thanks. That's very clear now. :)

Tonthat

HSC
It's more the ability to look honest and convincing when you talk (read: lie) to customers. A poker-face is an expression that doesn't reveal your bluff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)