• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What marks are you seeking to achieve in 2007? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
chryslerregal said:
Ok, I have two alternative endings in my career plans for the future:

Medicine (to be a doctor)or
Medical Science (to be a pathology scientist)

I also have several plans and backup plans on how I'm going to get there.

I am currently doing my HSC through tafe correspondence (OTEN) so I dont know what disadvantage I will have seeing as I dont attend a school everyday and I have to just read the material and teach my self, plus I have a 2 year old daughter.

In 2007 I will be completing - Chemistry, Biology, Adv English and PDHPE
In 2007 I have also been accepted to do a uni preparation program in science at SCU Lismore (where I live so its convenient)

So if I stuff up my HSC, at least I will have to prep program and that should get me into B Clinical Science at SCU which I will do as a pre med degree - hopefully do really well and get into a graduate medical degree.

the other alternative, and my first plan really, is to do all this then in 2008 complete - Mathematics and Earth & Environmental Science and get as high a UAI as possible to get into undergrad medicine at any Uni, anywhere. If still all this fails, I like the sound of the B Medical Science at CSU at Wagga Wagga, in which case I need a UAI of 70. Surely one of these paths will be successful!!!
And I'm sure you'll be successful and achieve what you want to get :)

HSC
aiming for top 5 in all my subjects which is a reasonable possibility, except for maybe 3 unit maths, i'll aim for top 10, massive competition there

and we're battling people who are ultra accelerated *cough ss cough*

lol

although ss is probably not gna do 3 unit again, too good for it lol

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
zomg! nerd :p

Yayness let us travel to our oompa loompa land of pseudo-intellectualness where we sigh wistfully at the viscicitudes of life. While deconstructing this post with its numerous faux pas statements and hyperbole. Less like hyperbola STUPID MATHS :(

I just had chocolate :eek:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
zangetsu.xo said:
realistically i'd be happy with anything over 85.
but a 93 would be nice...
What course do you want to do?

Seidel1711

HSC
90+ my targett guys,i need 75 approx to do a bachelor of science at the ADF or uni N.S.W. but im aiming higher.

xsavagex

HSC
i would like a UAI of... 80 + but id be happy with 75+. i'm not entirely sure waht i want to do yet though i KNOW i want to go to uni in sydney.. and i wouldn't mind doing PR or something along those lines... but im so not sure

xsavagex

HSC
wow you guys all have really high UAIs that you want...
i hope you all get what uwant

Concinnity

HSC
I dont see why people are astounded at the mention of high UAi marks. I mean, isn't that what we're supposed to be aiming for? Isn't that why we've stayed on till yr 12 instead of dropping school in yr 10? We as people who have continued on to this stage, students from selective and comprehensive schools alike, should be up in the top echelon of society. True, the majority of the population is far below some of you people and you should embrace that realisation. The ones who receive average australia incomes and who possess standard occupations are... shall we say... the cannon fodders of this nation. And yet i do admit, without them, we would not have a medium against which to catagorize ourselves as academics, as more successful contributors to our society.

Getting high marks is possible. I just takes work. I am waisting time just by typing up this comment (but who cares). And remember, life is not fair, get used to it. Many student WILL feel depressed, WILL feel anxious and WILL suffer the ruthless blunt of the elites from selective schools. That's life.

Desired UAI: 99.85.....hope you all aim for this:)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Shrikar said:
Yeah, you don't really need a UAI to do Dentistry but they can't just accept anybody, there is alot of competition to get into it, so a UAI over 95% would probably be the minimum to get in.
Dentistry @ USYD is a graduate course only...meaning you don't get in based on your UAI, but your GPA, interview and i think UMAT.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
95+ to get into Med at UNSW. I only need 90 cos i used 2 live in a rural area but im still aiming for about 97-98.
That UAI thing is related to whether you would be accepted for an interview etc not a guarantee that you'd get into medicine. The average entrance UAI is around 99+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)