• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What marks are you seeking to achieve in 2007? (1 Viewer)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Originally Posted by kloudsurfer
95+ to get into Med at UNSW. I only need 90 cos i used 2 live in a rural area but im still aiming for about 97-98.
I got told the 4/5 bonus rural UAI points DIDN'T work on medical degrees or double degrees coz they can't lower the UAI number coz they need the 'best and brightest' (I come a rural area 2). Btw u also have to pass a UMAT test.

L

littlewing69

dr baby beanie said:
I got told the 4/5 bonus rural UAI points DIDN'T work on medical degrees or double degrees coz they can't lower the UAI number coz they need the 'best and brightest' (I come a rural area 2). Btw u also have to pass a UMAT test.

I believe you need to do much better than pass it.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
ari89 said:
Dentistry @ USYD is a graduate course only...meaning you don't get in based on your UAI, but your GPA, interview and i think UMAT.
Yup. Spot on, except for Dentistry we do GMSAT, which is an exam specifically designed for people who want to do a course in Dentistry.

L

littlewing69

Shrikar said:
Yup. Spot on, except for Dentistry we do GMSAT, which is an exam specifically designed for people who want to do a course in Dentistry.
Im pretty sure Dentistry hopefuls do the UMAT as well dude. GAMSAT is for grad med/dentistry.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Shrikar said:
Nah man.

To get into dent, you do the UMAT. GAMSAT are for post grads. :)

xsavagex

HSC
Concinnity said:
I dont see why people are astounded at the mention of high UAi marks. I mean, isn't that what we're supposed to be aiming for? Isn't that why we've stayed on till yr 12 instead of dropping school in yr 10? We as people who have continued on to this stage, students from selective and comprehensive schools alike, should be up in the top echelon of society. True, the majority of the population is far below some of you people and you should embrace that realisation. The ones who receive average australia incomes and who possess standard occupations are... shall we say... the cannon fodders of this nation. And yet i do admit, without them, we would not have a medium against which to catagorize ourselves as academics, as more successful contributors to our society.

Getting high marks is possible. I just takes work. I am waisting time just by typing up this comment (but who cares). And remember, life is not fair, get used to it. Many student WILL feel depressed, WILL feel anxious and WILL suffer the ruthless blunt of the elites from selective schools. That's life.

Desired UAI: 99.85.....hope you all aim for this:)
maybe i'm just astounded because almost a third of the people in my year at my school arent even getting a UAI... and the ones who are arent expecting to get so high.

i never said people shouldnt aim for it, i think its great... i was just amazed how high they all were but i think its good.

G

gaoOO

xsavagex said:
i never said people shouldnt aim for it, i think its great... i was just amazed how high they all were but i think its good.
we got told to aim unrealistically high, because if you fall short, you've aimed so high that you'll still end up with something decent, perhaps even higher than your starting aim.

going for 99.75* :)
*obviously setting standards much higher due to above "tactic"

kloudsurfer said:
95+ to get into Med at UNSW. I only need 90 cos i used 2 live in a rural area but im still aiming for about 97-98.
not to discourage you, hopefully motivate you :p, but when they say 95+, very very very rarely do people get in which that kind of UAI. Usually, it's a balance between acing the UMAT and a UAI above 99. No one i know who got into med had a UAI below 99.6. The other thing which i'm not sure of (correct me if i'm wrong), is that rural areas only gain additional marks when your UAI falls below a particular score [90 approx]. So just realistically, you're going to have to aim much higher to achieve your goal... good luck though :)

xsavagex

HSC
gaoOO said:
we got told to aim unrealistically high, because if you fall short, you've aimed so high that you'll still end up with something decent, perhaps even higher than your starting aim.

going for 99.75* :)
*obviously setting standards much higher due to above "tactic"
thats a pretty good tactic :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
That would be a good UAI for me to get, 99.75 :)
Yes, SS the future lawyer :D

Hum, I don't really know what UAI I'm looking at. Just try my best I guess? I'd be satisfied with any UAI I end up with then, cos I'd be content knowing that I did do what I can :p

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
Nah man.

To get into dent, you do the UMAT. GAMSAT are for post grads. :)
Damn i had it wrong. Oh well thanks for the correction.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
99+ :) possible, but probable? thats a different question :p

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
airie said:
Yes, SS the future lawyer :D

Hum, I don't really know what UAI I'm looking at. Just try my best I guess? I'd be satisfied with any UAI I end up with then, cos I'd be content knowing that I did do what I can :p
Oh same, as long as it gets us into our courses of course :p

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
m0ofin said:
Oh same, as long as it gets us into our courses of course :p
Yeah, thats what most people would like to do.

sticky.rice

HSC
Hey thers =] first time posting .. Because i wont to do med too but like im doing 2unit not 3 unit .. DO you think i can still get in ???

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
sticky.rice said:
Hey thers =] first time posting .. Because i wont to do med too but like im doing 2unit not 3 unit .. DO you think i can still get in ???
It's possible, assumed knowledge for medicine is chemistry then either physics or biology (correct me if I'm wrong here), and as long as you do well in the HSC and UAI, as well as pass the interview, you should be able to get in.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
I only need 98 to get into the course I want...
Realistically I'm thinking I'll get 90 if I really start studying now.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Amy Lou said:
I only need 98 to get into the course I want...
Realistically I'm thinking I'll get 90 if I really start studying now.
Hmm. I better start too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)