• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What pen to use? and what pens you use? (2 Viewers)

HSC
I use a Aurora Diamante fountain pen but instead of the cheap arse ink they give with it, my ink is created by combining smashed sapphires with the semen of the Balugarian Wild Frog, to make a fast flowing ink.
Can I borrow your pen?
That sounds like an intredesting colour
If you do it properly, then no. All you have to do is submerge the nib completely into the ink, then twist the top of the converter to suck it up. In theory, your hands shouldn't touch the ink at all, although you'll probably get some when wiping the pen down. I always manage to get some on my hands no matter what I do.

And use Quink if concerned about drying times. They dry pretty fast. ~ 5 seconds, from experience.
Okay, screw this. I'm buying a fountain pen. I'll tell you guys how I go :haha:

Do fountain pens dry at like the rate of a gel/felt tip?

K

khorne

Fountain pens don't give you that much more speed...Get a gel pen instead, almost as fast and less messy

HSC
N/A
Fountain pens don't give you that much more speed...Get a gel pen instead, almost as fast and less messy
Thing is... I go literally go through a blue gel pen every week :haha:

Buying a fountain+ refills sounds more economical
also looks cooler

K

khorne

it's not. A decent fountain pen, regardless of what these cheapies say, is 100 (minimum), and is usually heavier, which is bad. Additionally, ink costs me 30-40 dollars a bottle lol.

HSC
N/A
it's not. A decent fountain pen, regardless of what these cheapies say, is 100 (minimum), and is usually heavier, which is bad. Additionally, ink costs me 30-40 dollars a bottle lol.
Really? :/
How long does a bottle last though?
I think as long as it isn't too heavy, it wont make much of a difference with me
I can still smudge it a little after 10 seconds
Look what I found?
THERE'S AN LH NIB!11
• LH Lamy make special left-handed nibs specifically designed for left hand use and these are different to Lamy oblique nibs.
• The LH nib angle allows the nib to be pushed or dragged across the paper without digging in like normal nibs do.

Yeee

HSC
Uni Grad
i don't find fountain pens any quicker or neater but it's easier to write with as i don't have to push down hard

K

khorne

At any rate, the only people who use fountain pens in exams are wannabe-slides.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
How long does a bottle last though? I think as long as it isn't too heavy, it wont make much of a difference
I have 2 bottles of ink (2 different colours) and there is still plenty left in them.
Look what I found?
THERE'S AN LH NIB!11
• LH Lamy make special left-handed nibs specifically designed for left hand use and these are different to Lamy oblique nibs.
• The LH nib angle allows the nib to be pushed or dragged across the paper without digging in like normal nibs do.

Yeee
It's not the nib, its the drying time of the ink

HSC
Uni Grad
How long does a bottle last though?
I think as long as it isn't too heavy, it wont make much of a difference with me
the lamy safari is very light though, it's not noticeably heavier than any other 'normal' pen

Look what I found?
THERE'S AN LH NIB!11

Yeee
left-handed nibs are for people who underwrite or overwrite which you're probably not used to

HSC
N/A
It's not the nib, its the drying time of the ink
What if I write lightly- does that mean less ink comes out, thus dries quicker?
the lamy safari is very light though, it's not noticeably heavier than any other 'normal' pen

left-handed nibs are for people who underwrite or overwrite which you're probably not used to
How do you know if you over or under write?
lamy nibs tend to vary (quality control issue i think)

both of my M nibs are noticeably different in thickness
ah, I see. I like F and EF

ALSO. Lamy Vista is the same thing as Safari except without the clip thingo?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I used a papermate gel pen. A new one would run completely empty by the end of a 3 hour exam, but they were so easy to write fast with.

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)