• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What pens will you be using in the HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

bunnie

eh.. sad thread, but I need recs after using cheap Bic and Kilometric pens for most of the year. Do inky pens write faster than ballpoint?

And for those lefties out there, what inky pens don't smudge when writing?

volition

arr.
HSC
Use those el cheapo Bic 'cristal' pens. They're about 20-30 cents depending on what pack you buy them in, and they're quite simply just good pens. I can write fairly quickly with them, about 14 'HSC' pages in 40 minutes. They don't smudge at all, so thats another thing you dont have to worry about

http://www.mutr.co.uk/images/products/main/DSCN0756.jpg

yoyoagogo

Destiny 06
HSC

Seriously, I'm planning on the same as Voliton- they're cheap and they do the job

klh

HSC
if you want good pens, bics and kilometricos are ok but staedtler ballpoints are good too.
if you want consistent smooth pens, and you have the moeny, buy parker pens and a couple of refills, they are really smooth. inky pens will smudge unless you leave some time for absorption.
if you want to just use ball points, i suggest you warm up the barrel, then the ink is not freezed up and ink comes out better. just rub the pen between hands or put it in your poket where it will get warm.
hope it helps

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i used a parker

u want a pen that doesn't smudge and u can write quickly with

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I use Artline200 pens. I cant stand biros, and the ink in the artlines dosent smudge.

HSC
I use gel pens, they smudge unfortunatley but glide ever so fuckign fast, all i need is about 3 seconds then after that they dont smudge

i also use artline 200 like you deus but they slow me down

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I tried using gel pens in the trials. I used up all the ink in a brand new one within 2 hours. lucky i had a spare one...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Use gel pens. Parker are too heavy and will tire your hand. Artlines dont glide. Just make sure if you use gel pens that you have one per exam. I used up one entire pen in Extension English - 38 pages. :) If not gel pens, because they smudge, find a good ball point pen that glides well. El cheapos are generally pretty crappy.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i love those uni pens. one of them is called jetstream. gosh theyre soo smooth and the grip is soo good. plus i write neat with it so its a bonus :D

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i use gel pens. bic cristal gel rollers, medium. why they can't spell crystal properly i guess we'll never know. although i generally use about 2 per exam so i need large supplies. but i used them in the trials and my hand didn't cramp up at all. twas wonderful. although, it does make my handwriting a little more scratchy looking (and that's not good for me, mostly because my handwriting is already terrible enough) that said, i only got one 'take care with handwriting' comment!!

nwatts

HSC
I use my Parker pen. Works great.

During the trials I used my felt-tips, that I use throughout the year, and I felt they were too messy. In the maths paper, some of my working out was so scratchy. So yeah, won't use them in an exam again.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
pilots pens are the best they have a comfy grip and the pen doesnt roll off the table and its good for spitball fights!!!

klh

HSC
well experience has shown me that metal parkers dont work, too heavy, but they also have plastic ones which are quite light so yeah...
i cant use artlines, they feel so breakable...
ive got those orange pens (form orange the telco) at westfields when they just came out and they put it in a bowl and like peope just went up to it and took bunches and ran off...lol, what a rip off for them, but those pens are light and real good the brands are like the doctor pens you can get when your sick and you plead you doctor for one...

edit: i love spitball fights!!! we used the crayon barrel as they were bigger...those were the days

Last edited:

jdrockefeller

HSC
Lol, seriously. Get out more. I look forward to the "Where is the Best Position in the Exam Centre to sit" thread

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I like sitting to the left side, I feel I work better. Alphabetical order, though, will ruin this for me.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
do they stick our student number on the desks like in SC aswell??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)