what raw exam mark do you need for a band 4 in english standard? (1 Viewer)

shaunzki

HSC
hey guys, i just made the account to ask this question as i wish to take up the bachelor of education course when i finish but you need a band 4 in both english and maths. I do standard, what mark would i need to achieve a band 4?

catalyst91

HSC
hey guys, i just made the account to ask this question as i wish to take up the bachelor of education course when i finish but you need a band 4 in both english and maths. I do standard, what mark would i need to achieve a band 4?
I was going through the forums before and I think someone said that the 5-6 will probably be 60-90? So by that theory band 4 is below 60 (not sure what the lower limit is). But again it's highly dependent on how everyone else performs this year too.. It may be higher or lower.
Good luck though. :)

Ivy Mike

HSC
In 2009, a raw mark of 61 got pulled up to a 74. Considering this years test was quite a bid harder than 2009 I'd say that a ~60% should easily get you a band 4.

Last edited:

shaunzki

HSC
oh wow really? well im averaging 73% in english at the moment, but normally only manage to get around 65% in my exams... so if i get 65% in this exam i should get a band 4? thanks heaps for the replies.

shaunzki

HSC
if someone could answer, if i get 60 - 65 in this exam, will i get a band 4 if my school assessment was 73%? thanks heaps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)