What sacrifices will you be making for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
super_fly5 said:
These are two major sacrifices I will be making for the HSC:-
-Cutting down on number of social gatherings.
-Minimising time with technology (am referring to phone, net and television).

How about you?
some sacrifices i may have already or will be making is:

1. limited use of internet
2. television time
3. work (retail work)
4. piano lesson/practice
5. recess and some lunch times for study/revision
6. early hours of the morning for study
7. general hours during the day
8. basketball games and trainning

Q

Quynh nhu

lilkiwicutie89,
you can never delete MSN & even if you did deleted it, you'd still find yourself wasting time on these threads. no offence to anybody.
besides your sacrifices (if you'll succeed) really will help you achieve your goals. but it certainly wont help, if you sacrificed all your fav pass times, shut urself in ur room, n stare at the ceiling.
"There will be times when you're bored out of your brains studying
the road looks too long, the material looks too unpromising, the reality is, you've got to get through it".

goOd luCk !

These are two major sacrifices I will be making for the HSC:
- cut back on sleeping time (during school & after school - especially after school)
- laziness

1. my dad blocked my MSN years ago .. & no anti-blocking programs has ever worked. but i am so grateful.
2. i stopped watching tv since the beginning of year 10 (no problems there)
3. i am not allowed out
4. mobile got confiscated back in yr 7
5. shopping .. hmm that word seems like a dream from a past life
6. hate sport

:) beSt wisHes to everyone sitting for the 2oo6 HSC !!!

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
No sacrifices.
I'm going to balance my life rather than cut it back.
Good idea!!! Been there, done that! It works. Just make a few sacrifices just before the actual HSC exams. I quit TV 2 wks bfore.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Quynh nhu said:
lilkiwicutie89,

the road looks too long, the material looks too unpromising, the reality is, you've got to get through it".
hey isn't that from the hsc survival book lol?

Clarebare

HSC
I gave up a position in the 2006 World Iceskating Championships. Does that count as a sacrifice? Other than that I'm going to try to keep everything balanced. I"ll have a nervous breakdown if I concentrate solely on school for the next year!

Clarebare

HSC
I was tempted to go simply cause they give you 5 UAI points for competing for Australia in your HSC year. But it meant no homework, constantly fallling asleep in class (when I actually had enough time to go to school) and generally doing the smallest amount of school related stuff possible. I thought at the end of the day I'd be losing more than I gained. Besides, I was at Worlds last year, so it's not as if it was a totally "once in a liftime" opportunity. Would have been nice though...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Quynh nhu said:
lilkiwicutie89,
you can never delete MSN & even if you did deleted it, you'd still find yourself wasting time on these threads. no offence to anybody.
besides your sacrifices (if you'll succeed) really will help you achieve your goals. but it certainly wont help, if you sacrificed all your fav pass times, shut urself in ur room, n stare at the ceiling.

goOd luCk !

- cut back on sleeping time (during school & after school - especially after school)
- laziness

1. my dad blocked my MSN years ago .. & no anti-blocking programs has ever worked. but i am so grateful.
3. i am not allowed out
6. hate sport

:) beSt wisHes to everyone sitting for the 2oo6 HSC !!!

Best wishes for you too.

I shall not be deleting msn, but using it only on weekends
Mobile i never use, TV i never watch (except House MD),
Shopping and Outings are important to get taste of real world.
Sport is alright

See most of the stuff on that list I sorta do and I suppose i makes up bits of my life...If I had it my way i'd cut out the 3 hour commute I make to school...so i could work more (not school work, employment)

cheers

*Minka*

HSC
Well, I have done it and it is all about finding a balance. You do need to make some sacrifises if you want to do well, but at the same time it is important to do some outside activities to give you some time away and just something you like doing.

For example - I cut back my dance classes from 6 a week to 3 and my tennis lessons from 4 to 2. It did make a lot of difference in the time I had, but I still had those few hours to do something that I loved doing and I would have gone crazy without it.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
quynh nhu said:
- laziness

3. i am not allowed out
6. hate sport
You missed out cut out eating and walking.

------------------------------------------

Personally, I'm not gonna sacrifice anything, I just have to study more. OK,
- sacrifice BoS.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Bookie said:
You missed out cut out eating and walking.

------------------------------------------

Personally, I'm not gonna sacrifice anything, I just have to study more. OK,
- sacrifice BoS.
lol.. i've cut down eating .. XD. and i've done more walking soo yearh :p

yeh .. lets sacrifice the BOARD of studies so we get more marks! :p

like an offering to the marking teachers .. haha

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
so i have noticed.... = =;;
but i really have cut down on eating and started excercising! :D

360flip

HSC
N/A
well gladly i stopped playing games on the computer since year 10 because i burned out i hated it so that wont be a problem the only thing im cutting off is skateboarding which really sucks because i love it so much and skate almost everyday even on school days now reduced to one a week or whenever i have free time! the good part it reduces the chances of me slamming hard and breaking my bones that'll really suck during my hsc specially near exam time eh?!

HSC
mhh.... yeahh i havent watched 3 episodes ... too busyy ...

yeahh smallville is quite addicitive

and talk less.. yeah im a talkahoilic .. i can babble on and on in class so yeah

tc guys

xoxo

smely

HSC
I have to scrafice my job.. which may sound like a good thing.. but now im not gonna have no money n i actually enjoyed working! more the people than the job.. im gonna miss the ppl :'( .. n im gonna have to cut back on social outtings.. n i rekon my parents r probabli gonna try n cut down my net usage...

erin_tonkin

HSC
i had to sacrifice my boyfriend. I asked by my parents everyday for like 2 weeks if i had broken up with him. Rough tmes

Clarebare

HSC
erin_tonkin said:
i had to sacrifice my boyfriend. I asked by my parents everyday for like 2 weeks if i had broken up with him. Rough tmes
That's ridiculous. I'd try to say something deep and meaningful if I thought it would help but at the end of the day you're the one who has to live with your decisions. If you honestly think breaking up with your boyfriend will help your marks then maybe you did the righ thing. If not I think you should be questioning your parents motivations in asking you to do that. *shrugs* up to you though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)