• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What selective or private school should I try out for entry into year 10? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyways, back to the original question, what schools should I try out for??? I'm open to anything in the top 50, and for private schools, they have to offer scholarships for entry into year 10, thanks in advance

Scrambled

HSC
I would love to, but I live a 10 minute drive from Hurlstone, and Hurlstone beats it in ranks and facilities wise I'm pretty sure, I dont know if its worth the travel
Yeah as someone who goes tech and loses like an hour each way to travelling, just go Hurlstone (although honestly you can probably aim higher with the grades and extra curricular you have but that's just me)

HSC
Yeah as someone who goes tech and loses like an hour each way to travelling, just go Hurlstone (although honestly you can probably aim higher with the grades and extra curricular you have but that's just me)
Yeah I’m thinking about going hurlstone, idk if I’ll make it to sbhs, fort street, baulko and all that

jonolad69

HSC
Yeah I’m thinking about going hurlstone, idk if I’ll make it to sbhs, fort street, baulko and all that
you should be aiming really high anyways though

you're too good for hurlstone and tech in my opinion, just a waste of a spot imo

jonolad69

HSC
If you were in my situation what would you apply for?
any private school that is offering scholarship entry for year 10 (sydney grammar should be your top priority)

i think what you have right now is good, really. just have a top 5, a top 10 and then a top 20/30

i've seen kids put all their preferences for ruse, baulko and nsg and failed miserably so if you just have a backup that is an 100% lock (fort street, hurlstone) you'll be fine

HSC
any private school that is offering scholarship entry for year 10 (sydney grammar should be your top priority)

i think what you have right now is good, really. just have a top 5, a top 10 and then a top 20/30

i've seen kids put all their preferences for ruse, baulko and nsg and failed miserably so if you just have a backup that is an 100% lock (fort street, hurlstone) you'll be fine
So like baulko/ruse, sbhs, fort/girra

jonolad69

HSC
Also I’m curious if ruse actually cares about agriculture, is your application preferred if you intend to do agriculture???
intend to do agriculture in year 11/12? i'm really not sure how you can you express that in a way that you are a "preferred" applicant other than just mentioning it in the interview? but i'm not sure if they even care lol there are a ton of kids who dont do agriculture

[/QUOTE]

HSC
fort street and girra sound good to me
I’ll probably do fort street but apparently they prefer female applicants due to the gender problem, majority of the cohort is male by quite a bit which is why I’m a bit worried, and girra is really competitive

jonolad69

HSC
a bunch of freaks and weirdos at fort street, maybe stay away if you dont like to associate with certain individuals

HSC
intend to do agriculture in year 11/12? i'm really not sure how you can you express that in a way that you are a "preferred" applicant other than just mentioning it in the interview? but i'm not sure if they even care lol there are a ton of kids who dont do agriculture
[/QUOTE]
Oh okay that’s good then, dyk if ruse cares about what school you go to? Do they only accept from top 20 schools?

wrapper

HSC
Oh okay that’s good then, dyk if ruse cares about what school you go to? Do they only accept from top 20 schools?
[/QUOTE]

are girra or fort street top 20?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)