What Should I do? -Help! (1 Viewer)

Dewey

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

Low down;

I moved to NSW two weeks ago from NZ because of the earthquake. You guys don't recognize NCEA (our HSC) and I am virtually repeating the year. So hopefully this will just mean that I get amazing marks at the end of it.

Anyways, I have no clue as to what I want to do. I've gone from wanting to be a lawyer, cop, nurse, doctor, English teacher and everything in between. I have absolutely, no idea at all.

I take: English, Chem, Ancient History, Business Studies/Economics, Math and Legal Studies.

Any ideas? I love Chemistry! Though, where could that lead? Anywhere exciting?

-Help

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Don't stress it's perfectly normal to have no idea what you want to do! After you register at uac (the site we use to apply for uni) you can change your course preferences as many times as you like. You can keep changing until after you actually have your hsc results (sometime in january 2013 will be the cut off for changes). Book an appt with your career advisor and look at the job guide book and keep a list somewhere of interesting courses or careers that appeal to you. You have a ridiculously long time to make up your mind. Later in the year there will be lots of uni course info days as well so keep an eye out for them and ask lots of questions. Not having chosen a path is a great thing because you have no limits!

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
What in particular do you love about Chemsitry by the way? You can go into a science degree and see where that takes you or biomedical/health science? You might also like a career in allied health like Pharmacy or dietetics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)