• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHAT SHOULD I DO IN YEAR 12 (1 Viewer)

Siddy123

HSC
^A raw percentage of that gets a band 6.

And to the OP, trust me when your MX1 and MX2 units get doubled and then scaled, it was not a waste of time doing 2u. Also you won't have to go to 2 unit classes, or sit 2u classes like you do at some schools, and if you want to drop MX2 you don't have to take mathematics up again.

Plus you've had a n extra year to learn HSC content skills.

You are so LUCKY you can accelerate at your school!
yeah but if ur getting 60s at school ( depends which school) thats pretty bad.. in the end of the day it gets averaged internals and hsc.. so even if ur hsc is a band 6, ur internals may not be?

am i right? im lost when it comes to scaling and stuff:p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
yeah but if ur getting 60s at school ( depends which school) thats pretty bad.. in the end of the day it gets averaged internals and hsc.. so even if ur hsc is a band 6, ur internals may not be?

am i right? im lost when it comes to scaling and stuff:p
65% aligns to a band 6 externally though.

You could get 10% internally and still go good if that is a good ranking.

barbernator

HSC
HSC exam experience for accelerated students. I did 2u and 3u accelerated last year and fucked up one exam, but u can just do it again next year. Definitely worth it :)

jmadden

HSC
no u didnt accelerate for nothing...
it will be quite helpful for you, because if you get a good mark, you wont need to sit 2unit exams, as most 4unit students do ( till i think half yearlies) and also if u decide that ur not going to do mx2 and ur gnna do mx1, u wudda already finished 2unit so it would of gotten rid of a burden.
But because I did 2 unit for 2 years, wouldnt it be rough trying to do EX1 and EX2 just in year 12?
Does 2 unit complement EX1 and EX2 or are they totally different areas of maths?

SunnyScience

HSC
So <60 assures band 6 in EX2?
any idea what average mark is for the course? it must be rough.
GENERALLY an EXTERNAL RAW MARK in extn 2 maths of ABOVE 60% ALLIGNS to 45+/50 (E4, band 6)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

SunnyScience

HSC
This is only the external mark though (50% of your actual HSC mark which determines your actual subject band eg. E4)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Siddy123

HSC
65% aligns to a band 6 externally though.

You could get 10% internally and still go good if that is a good ranking.
i find that hard to believe...
that would been u havent thoroughly understood the course... and by good ranking what do u mean?
say for eg, in a class of 15-20?

RealiseNothing

HSC
that would been u havent thoroughly understood the course... and by good ranking what do u mean?
Don't care if you believe it or not in all honesty.

It's the truth.

qwerty44

HSC
It COULD mean that the tests were extremely hard, but you still ranked first overall. And then the class kills the externals and then BoS knows the test was too hard, then your internals go up, you get B6.

RealiseNothing

HSC
yeah i wasnt challenging you m8. it was an indirect way of asking a question. geez.
care to answer the question for me bro? <3<3
If you have 1 person in your class (you) and get 5% in every test, then go on to get 65% in the HSC exam, you'd get a band 6 due to your internal having to be the same as your external.

This situation is obviously pretty rare (if it even happens), but it can be applied to any situation. So in a class of 15-20, if everyone gets like 20%, and you get 25% and are ranked ~3rd, then go on to get >65% in externals, you'll still get a band 6 more than likely.

Your internal percentage barely matters besides for the gaps in ranks. A school might just have incredibly hard tests.

Like I said, very rare, but possible.

Siddy123

HSC
If you have 1 person in your class (you) and get 5% in every test, then go on to get 65% in the HSC exam, you'd get a band 6 due to your internal having to be the same as your external.

This situation is obviously pretty rare (if it even happens), but it can be applied to any situation. So in a class of 15-20, if everyone gets like 20%, and you get 25% and are ranked ~3rd, then go on to get >65% in externals, you'll still get a band 6 more than likely.

Your internal percentage barely matters besides for the gaps in ranks. A school might just have incredibly hard tests.

Like I said, very rare, but possible.
wow, that puts my heart at ease.
because quite recently our exams are getting harder, and i was wondering if i am getting these results in school wtf am i gonna get in hsc
anyways thanks for ur help.
cheers!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Question: Extension 1 Maths is a two year course - how are you going to do that in one year?

Siddy123

HSC
Question: Extension 1 Maths is a two year course - how are you going to do that in one year?
I assume he is still doing yr 11 2 and 3unit, but the only hsc part he is doing is HSC 2 unit.
It would be stupid to do prelim+ hsc 2u in one year and 3unit prelim and hsc in another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)