What should i do? (1 Viewer)

fly8

HSC
okay well, im only in year 10 right now, (yay)
but i have to choose my subject for year 11 by tomorrow.

my parents are supperr stiriict. my dad is literally choosing my subjects for me.
he's making me do 3 unit english and 3 unit maths(i dont mind the maths but the english!)
Im from an asian background so you can imagine english isnt one of my main points, i asked my dad if i could just do 2 unit english, he simply hit me and told me to listen to him and do what he says.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!
rebel against my dad or just follow him and hope that i can keep up?
im currently getting group tutor'd for english and apparently is suppose to be really good (been there twice).

what should i do? :S

Uncle

Banned
HSC

my parents are supperr stiriict. my dad is literally choosing my subjects for me.
he's making me do 3 unit english and 3 unit maths(i dont mind the maths but the english!)
Im from an asian background so you can imagine english isnt one of my main points, i asked my dad if i could just do 2 unit english, he simply hit me and told me to listen to him and do what he says.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!
im currently getting group tutor'd for english and apparently is suppose to be really good (been there twice).

you must defies the asian sterotype anmds not just do...

math
science

and own everything.
asian own everything include english.

but you wont?

you dad is you saviour

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Consult your teachers. They will surely help you with your subject choices as they would be well-informed about your strength and performance and other thing. And you have to listen to yourself.

I am sure you can persuade your dad somehow.

However, if everything fails.....just fly out the door

baby_femme

HSC
give it a go, if it's easier to go along with it and avoid all the conflict. suggest dropping it at the end of yr 11
I second the 1st sentence and lol to the last one. :rofl:

Don't just be mad with your dad, be open and talk to him... It's better, to avoid conflicts. Just try not to drop it, I think you do good though... But anyway good luck!!!

Imagery

HSC
He hit you?

Call child abuse.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

lmao.

fly8

HSC
Just do the 3U English and if you fail, well, you only have your Dad to blame :)
haha i cant really blame that on my dad can i?
it would be partially my fault for not doing well.
BUT you know, i had a talk with my mum, i agreed to do 3unit english and if i dindt like it drop 1 unit.

OH and by the way, if i chose, 3unit english 3unit math, biology(2unit), multimedia(2unit), businessstudiest(2units).
Thats 12 units right there, but do i have to do 14 units for year 11? since apparently im short on a subject.

Enigmanation

HSC
Originally Posted by fly8
Hahahahaha, definitely a FML worthy moment.

haha i cant really blame that on my dad can i?
it would be partially my fault for not doing well.
BUT you know, i had a talk with my mum, i agreed to do 3unit english and if i dindt like it drop 1 unit.

OH and by the way, if i chose, 3unit english 3unit math, biology(2unit), multimedia(2unit), businessstudiest(2units).
Thats 12 units right there, but do i have to do 14 units for year 11? since apparently im short on a subject.
No you do not need 14 units for year 11, minimum of 12, however it does seem as though your missing a 2u course so yes you will have to take up something else and then drop it.
If you want to be a pacifist then yes take up ext english and fuck it up on purpose, its really not that hard a thing to do. And no, if you didn't want to do it in the first place 'failing' doesn't really count as failing. So just fail it, because imo if you go into extension English hating it, chances are things probably wont change.

Last edited:

fly8

HSC
No you do not need 14 units for year 11, minimum of 12, however it does seem as though your missing a 2u course so yes you will have to take up something else and then drop it.
If you want to be a pacifist then yes take up ext english and fuck it up on purpose, its really not that hard a thing to do. And no, if you didn't want to do it in the first place 'failing' doesn't really count as failing. So just fail it, because imo if you go into extension English hating it, chances are things probably wont change.
im not really hating it, im just scared of it to be honest.
on the fact that i might do really badly and just breakdown.:spzz:

and thanks for your advice :headbang:

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

I can see what u r talking about as i am also an asian. ^_^
just go for 3unit maths but 3u english would be a matter
tell your dad that u cant squeeze in that much
he's not the one who's studying!!!

(i m sure u cant tell him like that, asian parents, jeez)

1 more thing >> he should NOT be the one who's choosing subjects. U r the one whos gonna walk your life, not him!!!
he cant control or support u forever~

"after rain, there will be sunshine"
:wave:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Just take on the opportunity to do 3unit english.

if not all works, then drop.

become ultimete azn military scientist or engineer for republic of china wen commnism return to strike in the midst of global economic crisess.

He hit you?

Call child abuse.
Indeed.
Call child abuse as it was uncalled for.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Hahahahaha, definitely a FML worthy moment.

in year 11/12 i did biology, chem, geography, maths (2u) SOR (1u) and English(3u)
that's identical to what she has chosen 'unit-wise'.
I dont think she needs to choose another subject. What's the point of offering a unit system if, when you have 12 units, you still dont qualify? The only real concern should be the number of VET courses, is mutimedia a board endorsed course?

K

khorne

Tell him you want to do general maths and get a liberal arts degree.

SMP213

HSC
try to be honest with him
dont put more pressure on yourself if you dont think you can cope!!
you dont want to fail the subject, rite??

Enigmanation

HSC
in year 11/12 i did biology, chem, geography, maths (2u) SOR (1u) and English(3u)
that's identical to what she has chosen 'unit-wise'.
I dont think she needs to choose another subject. What's the point of offering a unit system if, when you have 12 units, you still dont qualify? The only real concern should be the number of VET courses, is mutimedia a board endorsed course?
You had one line of free periods right? The 12 units he has now are fine, im just trying to say that with those 12 units he should have two units worth of free periods.

3p1c f41lur3

HSC
call the cops and tell em that ur dad abused you... tho i suppose he is trying to get the best out of you... but that doesnt mean physical violence. if you really cant do it just drop 3U engrish, my engrish sucks... so i concentrate a bit moar on other subjects.
*if your old man hits you again, just hit him back* >>>>>just a nice little tip if you are losing it<<<<<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)