What subjects are you dropping ? (1 Viewer)

Hila

HSC
Wow.. You guys did so much work for extension! Haha, this is why I enjoy going to a shit school :p we just did Gothic fiction ... For the whole year. Studied a little bit about general Gothic writers and stories e.g Australian, Poe, Coleridge.
Then eventually Dracula in comparison to movie by Coppola + two related text. The only exams we had was half yearlies and yearlies (one essay and one story for both) and one 10 mins oral presentation before exams. I didn't find the course that challenging.
80 mins to write two essays?!?!!? Whoa! We got two hours...

Last edited:

SophxMusic

HSC
Went in to Year 11 with Advanced English, Extension English 1, Advanced Maths, Extension Maths 1, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Day one I realised I hated Chemistry with a passion, and had to stick with it because there were only VET subjects on the same line (small school in the country, 50 in our year).
And I am really not a maths person at all, although if I can stay motivated I have the ability to do reasonably well in it. Note: 'if I can stay motivated'.
So, I'm dropping MX1 and Chem, much to my relief, and picking up EX2.
I thank God everyday that I'm doing abnormally well in English (prelim mark of 94/100 in advanced, and a mark of ~45 in extension) and that Biology and Physics have very good potential when I study.
Maths on the other hand..... I'll be bribing myself with various assortments of delicacies just to study. lol

dr cookie

HSC
aaaaahhhhhh

not sure whether to:

drop to General Maths (GM) and then drop Ancient as it's crap
drop to GM and keep everything
drop to GM and drop Ancient and pick up EngX2
drop maths altogether
drop maths altogether and pick up EngX2

decisions, decisions.....

Grace_13

HSC
My Subjects are

ADV English
General Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Ancient History
Visual Arts
Ext. 1 English

I am definitely dropping chemistry as i have a terrible teacher, am failing it, have no interest in it and it won't help me with any of my future ambitions.

i will also pick up EXT. 2 english so i will have 12 units.

Depends if you have a certain ATAR goal, choose the subjects to keep which you will do best in adn rank best in, if not, jsut choose what is going to teach things of more value, in relation to interests and future study/employment.

suprwoman101

HSC
Possibly dropping bio, though it depends on my final exam mark :( Want to pick up English Extension 2 and History Extension

Hila

HSC
Hey I'm also taking English Ex2 and History Ex :D

Bee_J

HSC
I'm not dropping anything... I can only drop my TVET course - child studies, but it's the only subject I always look forward to :)
If I could though I would probably drop PDH - it's my worst subject along with English!

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Chemistry when my Studies Coordinator lets me.
He got it into my mum's head that I'm "confused".

13 Units :/

Hila

HSC
Chemistry when my Studies Coordinator lets me.
He got it into my mum's head that I'm "confused".

13 Units :/
What?! That really sucks :/
I'd be soo angry if my teacher won't let me drop a subject, as well as tell my mum that! :O
And dw I'm starting next term with 16 units...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
aaaaahhhhhh

not sure whether to:

drop to General Maths (GM) and then drop Ancient as it's crap
drop to GM and keep everything
drop to GM and drop Ancient and pick up EngX2
drop maths altogether
drop maths altogether and pick up EngX2

decisions, decisions.....
Sounds like you should try EE2 for a bit. If you like it, it can give you more confidence to drop maths or ancient with still having spare units.

Oreo4rt

HSC
Not sure whether or not to drop legal studies or ancient D:

Focus is Key

HSC
Dropping Biology, we have the worst teacher in the world. It's a pity too considering I am actually quite interested in it. I am not joking when I say she makes all my knowledge of Science evaporate. The only reason I reckon I believe I'll score high 70's- mid 80's in the Prelims is because:
1) I crammed with the Excel Study Guide
2) The paper was mostly skills and general knowledge so basically anyone could have passed.

That will give me 13 Units then which include English Extension 2. I'm planning to really improve my Maths Extension 1 but if I don't believe I'll do well in it (ie. High E3 or E4) I'll probably drop that and keep Ancient. If the 13 Units becomes too much I have the option of going down to 11 by dropping Ancient or to 12 by dropping Maths Extension 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)