What subjects are you thinking of dropping next yr? (1 Viewer)

agua.fuego

HSC
Probably Dist. Ed Spanish, and Textiles (if my parents have their way). I'll pick up 2U RE if I'm allowed. And definitely ext. 2 eng.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sannous1 said:
why dont u drop it now? i dnt get it
Probably because it's mandatory to have 12 units of study minimum for the preliminary year.

sannous1

HSC
Aplus said:
Probably because it's mandatory to have 12 units of study minimum for the preliminary year.
ye i noe that, but many of my friends do 6 subjects and extension classes, they can drop them now, if they dnt like them. But can u do like 5 subjects and 2 extension classes? confusd:S

bored of sc

HSC
agua.fuego said:
Probably Dist. Ed Spanish, and Textiles (if my parents have their way). I'll pick up 2U RE if I'm allowed. And definitely ext. 2 eng.
I don't think you can pick up 2-Unit religion as you have missed too much work from the preliminary course (Buddism, Islam etc). You can drop 4 units and pick up 2 cause you will have 10 units, but I don't think you can pick up 2-Unit religion.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
sannous1 said:
ye i noe that, but many of my friends do 6 subjects and extension classes, they can drop them now, if they dnt like them. But can u do like 5 subjects and 2 extension classes? confusd:S
Well, it's a tad bit late to pick up another subject. I do Maths and English Extensions, but only three other subjects. We're not all like your friends.

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:
I don't think you can pick up 2-Unit religion as you have missed too much work from the preliminary course (Buddism, Islam etc). You can drop 4 units and pick up 2 cause you will have 10 units, but I don't think you can pick up 2-Unit religion.
Damn that. Grr. I'll probably do Ext. History.

jassono

HSC
im now definitely dropping business studies
not only were my marks a little below expectations for business
its just such a tedious and boring subject
they dont call bullshit B.S for nothing
modern history ftw, so much more rewarding and interesting

Pink Oni

HSC
Advanced English - Like
Advanced Maths - Like
Physics - Like
Biology - Love
Extension English - Like
Extension Maths - Like
Continuer Japanese - Love

Maybe I should just stick to these 12 units :rofl:

Oh, but I want to extend English, Jap and Maths TT__TT I have to ditch something and I think it'll have to be Maths, but I like Maths. I hate desicions... I'm so indecisive! xD *goes on a random ramble with self* (Don't worry about me! :cool:)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
jassono said:
im now definitely dropping business studies
not only were my marks a little below expectations for business
its just such a tedious and boring subject
they dont call bullshit B.S for nothing
modern history ftw, so much more rewarding and interesting
How did you go in BS?

lessa!!

HSC
buisness studies is easy for me but i might be dropping it dunno yet i droped maths this year so thats gorn but i picked up hospitality i like hospitality, primary industries is awsome not getting rid of that , im not getting rid of child studies i might get rid of SLR that bores me :hammer:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Pink Oni said:
Advanced English - Like
Advanced Maths - Like
Physics - Like
Biology - Love
Extension English - Like
Extension Maths - Like
Continuer Japanese - Love

Maybe I should just stick to these 12 units :rofl:

Oh, but I want to extend English, Jap and Maths TT__TT I have to ditch something and I think it'll have to be Maths, but I like Maths. I hate desicions... I'm so indecisive! xD *goes on a random ramble with self* (Don't worry about me! :cool:)
I wouldn't ditch maths for anything to be honest.

Pink Oni

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I wouldn't ditch maths for anything to be honest.
I know a lot of people who would and have lol. But I don't have any intention of dropping it anyway, and the maximum amount of units is 12, right? TT__TT

bored of sc

HSC
Pink Oni said:
I know a lot of people who would and have lol. But I don't have any intention of dropping it anyway, and the maximum amount of units is 12, right? TT__TT
No: up to even 20 is possible if you accelerate subjects and accumulate your HSC over say 3 years.

Also, a fair contingent of people do 13 units in year 12 to ensure a subject or two are not counted towards UAI if they are a relatively low mark.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Pink Oni said:
Nah, as Bored of SC has already explained you can do more than 12. Most people just stick to 12 or 13 because it's easier. Some even drop down to 10units. But it all depends on the person. I don't think Maths is worth dropping over Japanese though. I think Japanese is pretty unpredictable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)