What the F#%@?? (1 Viewer)

BoredDude

HSC
N/A
Hey,

Wow wtf, checked my atar just then and started panicking.

The ATAR calculators estimated 93.80, 94.4 and 93.75.. and I end up receiving 92???

Do you think there has been a possible error? Should I get it checked?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
No, a lot of people were overestimated by the calculators and that's expected.

Last edited:

BoredDude

HSC
N/A
Well it's disappointing for me as I was tricked to believe I was getting approximately 93-94..

BoredDude

HSC
N/A
I've looked at the scaling tables on the UAC website. The differences are too small, imo, to reduce an ATAR from 94 to 92... Man, now I'm just scraping into the course I was aiming for...

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, estimates gave me around 94.6, turns out I actually ended up with 93.1. Looks like the scaling of most subjects went down this year. looks like music II dragged me down even harder. :(

dest

HSC
DUde, stop whining like a baby. If there is one organisation capable of telling you what your real ATAR is, it would be the UAC, not some shit house third party programme that claims to "estimate" atars. Those sites exist to generate traffic for advertising, and whilst they can sometimes be accurate, they can never predict the scaling the uac uses each year.
So shut the fuck up, be happy with what you got, and think of all the kids who got less you idiot.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
DUde, stop whining like a baby. If there is one organisation capable of telling you what your real ATAR is, it would be the UAC, not some shit house third party programme that claims to "estimate" atars. Those sites exist to generate traffic for advertising, and whilst they can sometimes be accurate, they can never predict the scaling the uac uses each year.
So shut the fuck up, be happy with what you got, and think of all the kids who got less you idiot.
this person. i like this person.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well it's disappointing for me as I was tricked to believe I was getting approximately 93-94..
You got tricked? You got tricked by calculators that likely had disclaimers saying something along the lines of: "the owners make no representations as to the accuracy of said ATAR calculator".

No -smart- person seriously thinks that what an ATAR calculator spits out should be taken as gospel truth.

zhiying

HSC
^That.

If scaling was so easy to predict, UAC won't guard it so secretively

Aplus

HSC
N/A
There's a reason why it's called an estimate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)