What to bring? (1 Viewer)

Salliea

HSC
So its gonna be the first day of uni... and I'm just wondering what would you bring to your lectures/tutorials (2nd week) ?
For lectures, I was thinking of bringing a notepad and pencil case. And textbook if I manage to buy it before hand.

Since some of my units placed lecture notes onto iLearn, should I also print them out and bring it?

And would it be better if I bought a folder??? O__O

Sorry for all these questions (>A<)"

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
So its gonna be the first day of uni... and I'm just wondering what would you bring to your lectures/tutorials (2nd week) ?
For lectures, I was thinking of bringing a notepad and pencil case. And textbook if I manage to buy it before hand.

Since some of my units placed lecture notes onto iLearn, should I also print them out and bring it?

And would it be better if I bought a folder??? O__O

Sorry for all these questions (>A<)"
Yes to everything.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't recommend taking textbooks to your lectures. You won't have a good chance to use it. Lectures notes would suffice.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't recommend taking textbooks to your lectures. You won't have a good chance to use it. Lectures notes would suffice.
That depends, I've had a few units where we needed the textbook for the lecture.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah it just depends I guess. Usually the lecturer will make it pretty clear during the first lecture as to whether you actually need to bring a book with you.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Just bring an exercise book, some pens and a bottle of water. Print out lecture notes and shiz if you want but the very first lecture (particularly in first year units) is usually very introductory and mostly
covers basic housekeeping issues etc. Don't forget to bring money in case you want to join any societies or buy food or coffee or lollies (the asian supermarket has THE BEST range of lollies) or something.

gunat61

HSC
could someone please link me to the iLecture thing ? the website confuses me ..

thisiswar

HSC
Just a question...do lecture notes usually get uploaded b4 or after a lecture? And if u take sufficient notes during the lecture is it still worthwhile to have a look at the lecture notes?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Just a question...do lecture notes usually get uploaded b4 or after a lecture? And if u take sufficient notes during the lecture is it still worthwhile to have a look at the lecture notes?

Lecture notes usually uploaded before the lecture. I always have my lecture notes with me as i write on them.

Fake-Name

HSC
Are lecture notes and readings the same thing?

I'm on iLearn for one of my subjects (only one of my subjects is up on iLearn), and I have:

Lectures:
1) Welcome to MHIS 115
2) Origins of the Universe

Readings:
For this week, make sure you read the Introduction and Chapter 1 of the course text, David Christian, Maps of Time. In addition, begin familiarizing yourself with the Timelines in the "Extra Resources" section of this web site.

Does that mean my lecture notes is the first chapter of the textbook?

Thanks.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
No, they're not the same thing. It sounds like those are either tutorial readings or supplementary readings to help you understand the material better, lecture notes are generally notes that cover exactly what will be discussed in the lecture. Not all units will have lecture notes, most of mine haven't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)