What to do for listening task? (1 Viewer)

vbgfhdtret

HSC
So I got 25% towards HSC listening task in less than a week. What can I do now which will help me get better marks?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Same. My friends from 2015 told me to basically analyse and memorise your prescribed (quotes and such) and just make sure you know the concept of discovery pretty well i.e. Read the rubric.
Any tips from the pro's?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Same. My friends from 2015 told me to basically analyse and memorise your prescribed (quotes and such) and just make sure you know the concept of discovery pretty well i.e. Read the rubric.
Any tips from the pro's?
The listening task I had from my school wasn't about our prescribed text, so it would depend on OP's school and whether he should remember techniques, quotes, etc, but basically know your rubric well and constantly relate to it.

vbgfhdtret

HSC
Its not on any prescribed text. Just gonna have some random unseen video about discovery.

matchalolz

HSC
Not sure if it's on discovery, but mine was. It was an unseen (no prescribed text) so essentially everyone thought you couldn't study for it.

What I personally did was memorise the rubric and formulate my own generic theses on discovery (some based on the rubric). I then researched speech techniques such as tone, modality, rhetorical question, pause/enjambment, pace, anaphora, and all the normal techniques (e.g. Metaphor, repetition).

When I went into the exam I just treated it like paper 1 section 1. 1st listening I spent on trying to get a gist of what was going on and brainstorming discovery ideas. 2nd listening I picked out specific techniques and sorted them into paragraphs. Then wrote a mini essay.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Not sure if it's on discovery, but mine was. It was an unseen (no prescribed text) so essentially everyone thought you couldn't study for it.

What I personally did was memorise the rubric and formulate my own generic theses on discovery (some based on the rubric). I then researched speech techniques such as tone, modality, rhetorical question, pause/enjambment, pace, anaphora, and all the normal techniques (e.g. Metaphor, repetition).

When I went into the exam I just treated it like paper 1 section 1. 1st listening I spent on trying to get a gist of what was going on and brainstorming discovery ideas. 2nd listening I picked out specific techniques and sorted them into paragraphs. Then wrote a mini essay.
^ What they said. You'll have to listen to a video/speech/whatever and answer Paper 1 Section I style questions. Study techniques and if you're hardcore familiarise yourself with different forms of discovery and stuff, so you'll be able to easily identify and address them under exam conditions.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
I've done a listening/visual task for belonging last year and basically it's like an audio version of paper 1 section 1 (as mentioned previously). It shouldn't be hard to ace seeing that you know many techniques and the rubric ready to whip out... just break the rubric down and memorise as many points as you can and try forming your own topic sentences

you can practice too if you want- listen to some poems or something (idk bro) and try pick out both the LANGUAGE and auditory techniques (is this a thing)

gg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)