• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What to do in California? (1 Viewer)

HSC
cro_angel said:
Thats excellent for me as well.. I'm going to LA for 8 days on December 1st.
What will the weather be like there?

wow! im going to LA on Dec 1st too!! I was sposed to be going late nov but had to change my flight... but anyways the weather will be like our winter.. maybe a little colder... LA is pretty mild.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
go_swans said:
wow! im going to LA on Dec 1st too!! I was sposed to be going late nov but had to change my flight... but anyways the weather will be like our winter.. maybe a little colder... LA is pretty mild.
Hahaha freaky!
What time is your flight? Mine is in the afternoon at 3:20pm.. and we get to LA at 9:45am their time..
Maybe I'll see you there? haha

HSC
cro_angel said:
Hahaha freaky!
What time is your flight? Mine is in the afternoon at 3:20pm.. and we get to LA at 9:45am their time..
Maybe I'll see you there? haha
hahahahha ahh god are u going qantas??? if u are we r gunna be on the same plane! lol that is so effing weird!

**just checked my ticket**

depart 15:20 SYD

arrive 09:45 LAX

then in in LA for 12 days then off to NY...

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I see cro_cngel is applying her Macquarie University stalker skills internationally now eh?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
go_swans said:
hahahahha ahh god are u going qantas??? if u are we r gunna be on the same plane! lol that is so effing weird!

**just checked my ticket**

depart 15:20 SYD

arrive 09:45 LAX

then in in LA for 12 days then off to NY...
omg we are on the same flight!!!!
that is sooooo weird
im in la for 8 days then off to ny...

HSC
cro_angel said:
omg we are on the same flight!!!!
that is sooooo weird
im in la for 8 days then off to ny...

lol that is weird. well im in La for about 12 days.. then going all around the states then to canada.. but hey. and do u know if they have TVs in the seats? i have heard they have but al
so have heard they havent. weird?

when do u get back to sydney?

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Hmmm I got this from the qantas website..

Flights to and from Bangkok, Los Angeles, New York, London, Frankfurt, Johannesburg and Mumbai are equipped with 16cm (6.4 inch) in-seat screens with seven movie channels of the latest release drama, comedy, adventure and action movies.* You can also play games, sit back and relax with Q Radio or keep in contact with the world using your in-seat telephone. An additional telephone is wall mounted at the rear of the aircraft if privacy is required.

Thats rather exciting..
I get back to Sydney Feb 15th..

HSC
cro_angel said:
Hmmm I got this from the qantas website..

Flights to and from Bangkok, Los Angeles, New York, London, Frankfurt, Johannesburg and Mumbai are equipped with 16cm (6.4 inch) in-seat screens with seven movie channels of the latest release drama, comedy, adventure and action movies.* You can also play games, sit back and relax with Q Radio or keep in contact with the world using your in-seat telephone. An additional telephone is wall mounted at the rear of the aircraft if privacy is required.

Thats rather exciting..
I get back to Sydney Feb 15th..

oh wow are u in the states that long or going other places??

and phones? w00T! i thought that was only for business class people!

roadcone

HSC
cro_angel said:
Has anyone heard of going to a show like Dr Phil while being over there?
one time when we were at universal studios we got given tickets to will and grace, that was in 2002, maybe 2003 I can't remember.

last holidays i was shopping with some old friends at the beverly centre and we got tickets to a pre-screening of a new movie. all we had to do was make suggestions on cuts, edits and music.

from what my dad says though you have to look fairly presentable etc to be approached, but yeah shows and stuff are easy to find

roadcone

HSC
go_swans said:
oh wow are u in the states that long or going other places??

and phones? w00T! i thought that was only for business class people!
pretty much all the major carriers (singapore, BA, qantas, malaysian etc) have personal tv's now for all classes

HSC
roadcone said:
pretty much all the major carriers (singapore, BA, qantas, malaysian etc) have personal tv's now for all classes
yay! if only i could watch the notebook the whole way!

roadcone

HSC
buy a portable dvd player and you can.. or a laptop..

HSC
roadcone said:
buy a portable dvd player and you can.. or a laptop..
slight problem of the batteries but otherwise i so would

AboveClevel

HSC
Will you be in southern california or northern california? I've lived in san francisco

roadcone

HSC
go_swans said:
slight problem of the batteries but otherwise i so would
i used my portable dvd player and it lasted like 6 episodes of the OC...

i also had my laptop with me due to study for the hsc, but i was typing on that so yeah that was longer than if i was watching dvd's..

didn't really think about it too much. but at least you could watch it for a bit.

HSC
roadcone said:
i used my portable dvd player and it lasted like 6 episodes of the OC...

i also had my laptop with me due to study for the hsc, but i was typing on that so yeah that was longer than if i was watching dvd's..

didn't really think about it too much. but at least you could watch it for a bit.
i might buy one in the states for the trip home.... cuz thats wen ill be most bored but yeh.. i spose they will have sumthing to watch!

HSC
that's so effing weird you guys are gonna be on the same flight.

cro_angel said:
Has anyone heard of going to a show like Dr Phil while being over there?
yep, we went to the jay leno show .. you just rock up at the studio an hour or so before, and they give you tickets. it's free and its pretty rad, except when i went it was like .. kelly clarkson lol. oh, and tina fey and regina's mum from mean girls. that was cool.

and universal studios is shit now compared to how it used to be. they replaced the ET ride with the mummy ride .. sucks.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
that's so effing weird you guys are gonna be on the same flight.

yep, we went to the jay leno show .. you just rock up at the studio an hour or so before, and they give you tickets. it's free and its pretty rad, except when i went it was like .. kelly clarkson lol. oh, and tina fey and regina's mum from mean girls. that was cool.

and universal studios is shit now compared to how it used to be. they replaced the ET ride with the mummy ride .. sucks.

lol i wanna go watch desperate housewives again. last time i saw jesse metcalfe. like fucking so good

jordankuai22

HSC
White Rabbit said:
DO NOT BUY ripcurl, billabong etc - any aussie surf brand. It's cheaper in australia and better quality, the quality of aussie surf clothes are pretty shit in the states compared to us.

I'll second San Diego - that place is awesome! Public transport in LA is easy to figure out if you dont get a hire car.
incorrect fool!.

incidentially australian surf brands are not only cheaper in the US, but they also have specially customised US lines.

which are much better than the crap we have here

edit: good bump naso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)