What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
A lot of people who do shit won't care enough to visit these forums (maybe non-school). People who care about their UAI will put more effort into studying resulting in better marks. Of course there are still some 08ers here who will receive shit UAIs but I think it's fair to say that the people that post here do relatively well as a who compared to the rest of the state.
thats a very big assumption.

1. define what is a shit UAI.
2. people that do shit doesn't necessarily mean that they dont care. e.g. it may because their ability is limited, their ability has been affected
3. actually the HSC is a measurement of a number of things not just how much a person has studied e.g. measurement of understanding and memory
4. have you ever considered that the people that do receive a shit UAI may not want to post it on BoS and also there are almost as much people that admitting that they got a shit UAI to those that got a high UAI
5. if you are posting on bos all the time that you could have been studying, this may effect your ability to get better marks in a negative way.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd be real happy if I got 95+. I'd be even more stoked if I can get into the course that I want.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Firstly, shitting all over people is nothing to Joke about. It's a common fetish and should not be used out of context.

secondly, what makes you think you're better than most of us?

who said i was using it out of context?
<.<

i didnt say i was 'better' in terms of worth of person, im sure youre all lovely and special in your own ways and being here and having you reveal that to me sensuously in the dark lit only by candles is a thrilling experience within itself.

i just have an ego the size of the worlds largest goiter or however you spell it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
A lot of people who do shit won't care enough to visit these forums (maybe non-school). People who care about their UAI will put more effort into studying resulting in better marks. Of course there are still some 08ers here who will receive shit UAIs but I think it's fair to say that the people that post here do relatively well as a who compared to the rest of the state.
Err... I know someone who got 100 UAI, and I'm pretty sure she never posted here :rolleyes:

oo STAVROS oo

HSC
I have to agree with foram on this one; if I get less than 99.5 then my family will be ashamed of me as I will not have received as high a UAI as my older siblings.

If I received less than 95 I would definetely kill myself but only because I know I can do far better.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
oo STAVROS oo said:
If I received less than 95 I would definetely kill myself but only because I know I can do far better.
It's not the end of the world.

beentherdunthat

HSC
oo STAVROS oo said:
I have to agree with foram on this one; if I get less than 99.5 then my family will be ashamed of me as I will not have received as high a UAI as my older siblings.

me too :eek:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Sorry, should have noticed >_<

Aplus

HSC
N/A
If I got any UAI lower than 95, I'd be sitting in shame and disgrace when having to confront relatives and such [competitive Asian syndrome].

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Aplus said:
If I got any UAI lower than 95, I'd be sitting in shame and disgrace when having to confront relatives and such [competitive Asian syndrome].
I'd be laying in the hospital with a broken neck and fractured spine. My dad will be sitting in shame and disgrace with bruised hands.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah well, knowing my family, and their previous reactions to HSC results, I'm certain they're all going to be gossiping and critiquing every aspect of my marks.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Aplus said:
Yeah well, knowing my family, and their previous reactions to HSC results, I'm certain they're all going to be gossiping and critiquing every aspect of my marks.
asians families :( asian parents like to gather and talk about their kid's academic achievements. :read:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's like some BBC world broadcast. The marks come out, and like a few hours later, the whole family knows and are discussing it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Well, that's at least lower than my mom's expectation. She expects me to get high 98 or 99 after the parents-teacher interview. I am so pressured now and I feel little bit burnt out. But I will bounce back like I always do. I will start working seriously from tomorrow morning.

By the way, I won't feel any shame or disgrace even if I get 90 or less. I don't need high UAI for any of my preferred university courses.

lovethehsc2

HSC
TurkStyle said:
This is ure realistic aim, what you would be content with.

for me its 96.5!!
I know some people from your school and 96.5 is not a very realistic aim.

The dux of our school last year was 91. And i know the dux of your school was about 97 in 2007.

So unless you are dux atm or intend to be you should probably be very happy with 90+.

I'd be happy with 90+ as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)