What Viva topic/s are you doing? (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Trials are coming up, and HSC students SHOULD be working on their Viva/Musicology...what are the topics of yours?

I'm doing two (not bad for a drummer aye;)) with one on the Music of Jamiroquai and the other is going to be rhythm based, have not thought of one exactly...:S

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
im looking at the similarites between rock songs of the past and rock songs of today.. if you know any.. post in my 'nurock' thread :)

Aimz- Lou.

Contrast and unity in Jessica's theme (Australian music)

Concepts of music in Rondo in C (Classical.)

danilion_22

HSC
preliminary Viva Voce

I am in year 11 and doing my viva voce on the monady coming. i am doing the topic of australian music and i am doing three songs from INXS. i have chosen to write about the rock'n'roll characteristics they employ.
Anybosy who us also doing thier prelim vivas tell me what u r doing.

Addictd2

HSC
im doing music from amelie. dont know what im gunna focus on yet

in prelim i did notation of russian chant music...long story. i didnt kno we were meant to focus oin the concepts till after so she kept asking me all this stuff bout pitch and duration and all i knew was how they notated it. but i got a B or high C so u could get that if u wing it. and my cd didnt work :(

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
I just did my Viva today, bleh. Mine was Ennio Morricone's The Mission - On Earth As It Is In Heaven and A Fistful of Dollars - A Fistful of Dollars (Main Title). Mine was a comparative of the vocals in both pieces.

all_of_myself

HSC
I'm comparing the concepts in 3 different versions of "Fever", using Peggy Lee's as a base....I'm so lost. I only get through by bullshitting :p

petelah

HSC
doin, jimi hendrix guitar techniques
and robert johnson influence of blues and rock

gotta do them for HSC tommorow =( eek

Coconuts

HSC
Hey im doin a viva for one of my electives.. my teacher says its so easy to get full marks ! and thats why i chose to do that over another performance do to the componant of "easy marks".. where the performances are more subjective with a viva you just hav to know your stuf.. i am lost on a topic however..
so i have to concentrate on the concepts of music?? i might do a movie cmoparison or how disney uses music to amplify the meaning of the moral ?? sound any good !?? HELP :bomb:

~untitled~

HSC
im doing viva for 2 electives... How the concepts of music are applied to teaching pre school children, and the contrasting styles and impact of technology of emilie autumn in 'on a day', 'Rapunzel' and 'Opheliac'.

how disney uses music to amplify the meaning of the moral ??
haha, that sounds cool!

west man

HSC
hey, for my viva topic i'm doing 'the developement of the red hot chili peppers'.. gonnu be soooo sweet lol..
starting out with their really old stuff.. 'true men don't kill coyotes'
then moving on to their middle years.. 'under the bridge'
then, finally, their most recent stuff.. 'tell me baby'
.. i'm definately gonnu enjoy doing this
cya guys

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I'm talking about "By weaving a 70s popular music soundtrack into the narrative, Quentin Tarantino has added to his film Reservoir Dogs' impact, character development and longevity". Or something along those lines, I haven't got the exact wording yet.

lixt07

HSC
I'm doing the music of Danny Elfman for my first one, with the themes from Spiderman and Edward Scissorhands and the intro to Sleepy Hollow as my exerpts... Working on how his music emphasizes the supernatural nature of the films and builds a template for the entire film. All of the pieces are heard at the very beginning of the films. I'll be fine with that, apart from the fact that I couldn't find an original score for any Danny Elfman composition anywhere... After 3 weeks of running around to every music store in sydney and numerous emails and calls to the US I was finally told that he doesn't release his sheet music :p
Thanks Allans, could have just told me that in the beginning!

Then for my second one, i have no idea... trials in 3 weeks, I should be fine if I can do it in the week beforehand, but, yeah, for now, no idea... Topic is Rock Music, can anyone help???

JumpingPeanuts

HSC
lixt07 said:
I'm doing the music of Danny Elfman for my first one, with the themes from Spiderman and Edward Scissorhands and the intro to Sleepy Hollow as my exerpts... Working on how his music emphasizes the supernatural nature of the films and builds a template for the entire film. All of the pieces are heard at the very beginning of the films. I'll be fine with that, apart from the fact that I couldn't find an original score for any Danny Elfman composition anywhere... After 3 weeks of running around to every music store in sydney and numerous emails and calls to the US I was finally told that he doesn't release his sheet music :p
Thanks Allans, could have just told me that in the beginning!

Then for my second one, i have no idea... trials in 3 weeks, I should be fine if I can do it in the week beforehand, but, yeah, for now, no idea... Topic is Rock Music, can anyone help???
Im doing Danny Elfman for one of mine and the change with relation to the concepts from his early work to his latest work.
And my second is how the piano is used in popular music. Second one I think is shitty but I can make it work.

kimmey05

HSC
Im doing chopin, for instrument and its repertoire - piano. Im looking at him in general, characteristics and style, unique to him aswel as to the period. Gona use Fantasie Impromtue, a Nocturne and the Minute Waltz for excerpts. I didnt do too shabby on it. lol seems like everyone is going for something more contemporary rather than classical.

musicalteddy

HSC
I'm doing three vivas. So, it's just the core performance and the vivas for me.

For my first, it's Music of Film, and in that I'm looking at the movie Forrest Gump, and how the Forrest Gump Suite helps to strengthen the emotion and mood.
My second is on Jazz. It's looking at how George Gershwin created almost a separate style of music by combining both classical and jazz elements in his compositions.
My third one is Romantic. How did Romantic composers use music to tell a story. I'm looking at Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastic, Movement 5 (Witches Sabbath) and Schubert's The Trout.
And I'm really not prepared. Have to do it next Monday. Oh my.

elmafud

HSC
My HSC's on Thursday, and for my Viva I'm doing Musical Theatre, with my focus being Characterisation and Dramatisation through Musical Annotation in Johnathon Larson's "RENT". It's brilliant, it's practically an open book exam. You walk in there and just read! I've one of four in my class doing Viva's and we're all really excited and feeling good about it. I can't wait!

overthejelly

HSC
I'm doing 'how australian culture is represented in music'
its fair boring but its all arty farty and hopefully will go down well with the examiners. reading all these previous replies i so wish i had chosen film music, i wouldve loved to do that.

my music exam is on september 11...talk about omens lol
has anyone done their viva speech yet? how did you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)