What was your biggest differerence in your HSC marks? (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Chemistry:
assessment = 77
exam = 87
.... had to put up with dumb school exams that asked non-syllabus related questions.

Jait

HSC
N/A
Back in '83 I got an estimate of 35 and got 70 in the exam, my final mark ended up as 46. It was a different system then so does this count ?

Mind you I dont blame the teacher overly even though he hated me. I guess he didnt like me because I only did tests and none of the other assessments - hence a poor estimate.

BTW back then 70 was good enough for the top 10% and 46 was 41-50% range.

There are at several possible reasons for a very different estimate. You didnt work too hard during the year and "earned" a low estimate though you studied a lot for the HSC at the very end. Your teacher under/overestimated you. You perform better/worse on tests than other assessments.

From my experience the vast majority of the time it is the first one - the student didnt work at his best during the year but studied like crazy just before the HSC.

Last edited:
HSC
english - i got 93 in the hsc, and 85 for assessments. the head of english hated me & so always gave me shitty marks.

pretty much everything else was either exactly the same or within a mark or two.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Jait said:
Back in '83 I got an estimate of 35 and got 70 in the exam, my final mark ended up as 46. It was a different system then so does this count ?
and ur a teacher???

well u noe wat the say ... "those u dont noe, teach!!!"

LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)