What was your parents & family reaction to your UAI? (1 Viewer)

panicstation

HSC
My parents were so impressed they are thinking about taking out one of those congratulation things in the Telegraph. And they keep kissing me and squeezing me. They are more excited than me. 87.45. It's good because my school thought I was crap.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
panicstation said:
My parents were so impressed they are thinking about taking out one of those congratulation things in the Telegraph. And they keep kissing me and squeezing me. They are more excited than me. 87.45. It's good because my school thought I was crap.
That is really really sweet!

OK i did my HSC in 2003 but ehh... my 5c:

My stepmother didn't give a crap and dad wasn't home at the time, but he called me a few hours later and he was pretty happy! We both went out and celebrated (separately), but when I got home things weren't so good... he was reading the Chinese newspaper, with all these Asians getting 99.95 and 100 etc... he didn't yell but he sounded really disappointed: "these kids have only been here for two or three years and they could get this high, how come you couldn't?"

He obviously has no idea how the system works, and I screamed my head off at him before crying for the rest of the night :p Anyway, afterwards I think he felt really bad but I didn't talk to him for at least a week... when offers came out, he was happy for me when I shrieked with joy and ran around the room, but my bitch of a stepmother told me to sit down and shut up because my sister was asleep. :rolleyes:

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
bubz :D said:
That is really really sweet!

OK i did my HSC in 2003 but ehh... my 5c:

My stepmother didn't give a crap and dad wasn't home at the time, but he called me a few hours later and he was pretty happy! We both went out and celebrated (separately), but when I got home things weren't so good... he was reading the Chinese newspaper, with all these Asians getting 99.95 and 100 etc... he didn't yell but he sounded really disappointed: "these kids have only been here for two or three years and they could get this high, how come you couldn't?"

He obviously has no idea how the system works, and I screamed my head off at him before crying for the rest of the night :p Anyway, afterwards I think he felt really bad but I didn't talk to him for at least a week... when offers came out, he was happy for me when I shrieked with joy and ran around the room, but my bitch of a stepmother told me to sit down and shut up because my sister was asleep. :rolleyes:
I think I know how you felt, if not fully still got a good gist of it.

milk biskit

HSC
omg, today has been such a good day, prolly the best day ive ever had.

woke up at 9am, uai was 99.55, told my parents, sister and brother, they were ecstatic, i swear, they all havent stopped smiling all day, im the youngest so yeh i now finally feel sorta special.

11am- went to meet up with friends at school, that went ok, although i didnt want to say too much, just talked for like 2 hrs.

then i got my green p's, and now im at my boyfriend's house, he beat me by 0.10, he is 18 today, so special for us both, and right now were just enjoying a few vb's together.

i never want today to end!!!

ane_st

HSC
My parents are stoked.. Now i get presents for it!! Yay!!!

Considering i told them i wouldnt get over 75...

And i did!!! I got heaps more than i needed for my course...

So i am stoked...!!

Oh and my brother is extremely happy for me to - he was the first person i told [finsihed his hsc in '03 so he understands how it works more than my parents :p] and he was so happy for me!!

Last edited:

thewhitecomet

HSC
My mother went apeshit initially but my father doesn't really mind. As of this moment, she's busily looking for Unis which I can actually get into...or pay my way into.

I got 97 flat.

L

littlewing69

My parents were more relieved than happy, I think. But then again, so was I. 98.85.

disillusive

HSC
My mum was so so proud and my dad was really happy but I don't think he really gets it, but as they say ignorance is bliss. lol.. 94.95

Last edited:

pheelics1

HSC
I got up really early cause I was so excited about it. Turns out I got 96.2...quite sad. SAM said 98 so I feel kind of ripped off. My brother and sister both got 99+ so I really feel like the black sheep..

Family friends keep calling but my mother wouldn't dare let me tell them... I feel like I've let so many people down.

This sucks.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
I'll do it in script form for you viewing pleasure/annoyance.

~
Me: Hey look mum, I'm finally able to check my UAI on that there intertron. Damn thing never loads.
Mum: Oh joy of joys! :D
Me: Let's see...Hmm. Err. Uh...AHHHH WHAT?!?! 58.45...
Mum: :jaw:
Mum:...Well, you have plenty of other options, right? And a couple of those places you're hoping to get into are interview and portfolio based, right?
Me: Indeed.
Dad: Hey folks, what'd I miss!
Me: 58.45.
Dad: :jaw:
Dad:...Well, you tried. Say, are you still coming with us on our 3 day roadtrip to northern QLD?

~

So yeah. They weren't really disappointed, but they had hoped I'd do better. They're probably acting less devastated than they really are, to make me feel less depressed or something. :(

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
milk biskit said:
omg, today has been such a good day, prolly the best day ive ever had.

woke up at 9am, uai was 99.55, told my parents, sister and brother, they were ecstatic, i swear, they all havent stopped smiling all day, im the youngest so yeh i now finally feel sorta special.

11am- went to meet up with friends at school, that went ok, although i didnt want to say too much, just talked for like 2 hrs.

then i got my green p's, and now im at my boyfriend's house, he beat me by 0.10, he is 18 today, so special for us both, and right now were just enjoying a few vb's together.

i never want today to end!!!

ah omg thats my life.. but diff ...

minus me getting 99.55 and instead the bf did . and its my bday. and im going for green ps reallly soon ..

>< who are you and whats ur game aye?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pheelics1 said:
I got up really early cause I was so excited about it. Turns out I got 96.2...quite sad. SAM said 98 so I feel kind of ripped off. My brother and sister both got 99+ so I really feel like the black sheep..

Family friends keep calling but my mother wouldn't dare let me tell them... I feel like I've let so many people down.

This sucks.
aw don't worry, you still did really well. like exceptionally so.
to anyone whose parents are giving them shit when you have fantastic results, dont let it get to you :) you've all done great.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
aw don't worry, you still did really well. like exceptionally so.
to anyone whose parents are giving them shit when you have fantastic results, dont let it get to you :) you've all done great.
Yes, 96.2 is a wonderful UAI. :) It's crazy that some parents/families wouldn't be proud of such results. It just totally blows my mind. :confused:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's crazy when parents\students are unhappy with\disappointed with 90+ even if you don’t make your first preference course with that you do have plenty of options where university is considered and plenty of courses to choose from.

Sort of a big kick in the guts to people that missed out by a fair few marks or didn't do as well as they thought when people\parents are complaining about 90+, I blame modern society. Just so you all understand a 90+ is a very respectable UAI and you will easily find a university that will accept you with one course that interests you.

quincyboi

HSC
omfg. yeah 97 that is sooooo shit. if iwere u i would just jump of a bridge right now. :)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Some of you guys have very lousy parents by the sound of it. I got 87.95 which made me very dissappointed (hoping for 90+) but my parents were fairly pleased, especially my dad, who is Asian and was able to get a scholarship to UNSW to do commerce.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
parents very happy and pleased, mainly coz i beat most of our selective-school-family-frds (me the only one in a non-selective school)

they are proud for knowing i did it without tutoring, with a job for 5yrs and shit eng background (unlike all the family frds). HAHA

=)

pheelics1

HSC
mitsui said:
parents very happy and pleased, mainly coz i beat most of our selective-school-family-frds (me the only one in a non-selective school)

they are proud for knowing i did it without tutoring, with a job for 5yrs and shit eng background (unlike all the family frds). HAHA

=)
you're signature suggests otherwise...

maybe time to get over yourself?

L

littlewing69

pheelics1 said:
you're signature suggests otherwise...

maybe time to get over yourself?
I believe his signature refers to his tutoring of others. Maybe time to chill out, champ?

PS: Do lots of kids actually get HSC tutoring in Sydney????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)