• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What was your total score in NAPLAN yr 9? (2 Viewers)

barbernator

HSC
WTF no it doesn't. And IQ measures 'natural' intelligence a lot more than actual 'studied for' intelligence so there's an even lesser link than the one between ATAR and social life.
haha lol +1

deswa1

HSC
Im not egotistical cos ive been beaten in several competitions by people who are smarter than me, I know there's a lot more people on this planet waaay smarter than me, I just like the idea of assigning a number to intellect cos it is somewhat fun I guess. Fun to be able to DEFINE numerically how smart u are. Or someone else. I personally treat the concept of IQ with fascination.
This makes no sense. So let's say I get a higher ATAR/IQ than you, does that make me 'smarter' than you? Or a better person than you? Like what the hell is the point of assigning numbers to intelligence- trying to determine a sort of 'ranking' system is childish and, like it's been said above, to satisfy people's egos. To be honest, I couldn't care less what my IQ is- I know I'm smart enough to do well at school, get a job etc., and I can still maintain a social life as well- I don't need some random guys to assign me a 3 digit number to validate my existence.

hayabusaboston

HSC
This makes no sense. So let's say I get a higher ATAR/IQ than you, does that make me 'smarter' than you? Or a better person than you? Like what the hell is the point of assigning numbers to intelligence- trying to determine a sort of 'ranking' system is childish and, like it's been said above, to satisfy people's egos. To be honest, I couldn't care less what my IQ is- I know I'm smart enough to do well at school, get a job etc., and I can still maintain a social life as well- I don't need some random guys to assign me a 3 digit number to validate my existence.
Well it could be 2 digit you never know... LOL kidding man haha. Maybe there is no point yea, and I agree with what you've said. All im saying is that me personally, I really like having numbers on everything, not leaving it abstract and nebulous. Just a personality trait of me. Otherwise I completely agree with you.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Im not egotistical cos ive been beaten in several competitions by people who are smarter than me, I know there's a lot more people on this planet waaay smarter than me, I just like the idea of assigning a number to intellect cos it is somewhat fun I guess. Fun to be able to DEFINE numerically how smart u are. Or someone else. I personally treat the concept of IQ with fascination.
You cannot assign a number to something so vast - there are infinitely many aspects to intelligence, that you can't account for it all with one number.

I meant that statement from a viewpoint of monism lol. LIke buddhism or something. The high IQ people are more prone to mental issues than lower IQ people, so the incidence of social isolation is higher in high IQ people apparently. Or so ive read. Meh. Like, you all know of course im not too good socially lol, and my IQ's only 145. Think about the guys with 180! HAHA.
Very ignorant.

In regards to NAPLAN though, definitely didn't go to well in the literacy component back in the day (actually can't remember if I ever did NAPLAN, or just ELLA/SNAP).

Fawun

Queen
HSC
How do you even know your score?

I just got the paper telling me what my bands were lmao

barbernator

HSC
your IQ is only 3 digits. are you retarded?

hayabusaboston

HSC
How do you even know your score?

I just got the paper telling me what my bands were lmao
finally! back on topic lol. There are two booklets, one with an outline of what each band means, plus a little black dot to show where you were. Then there's another booklet which has the same thing, but outlines the questions in the test, and says which ones you got wrong and which ones you got right, and percentage of the state which got each question right etc. LIke ICAS tests. And you can count up all the questions and count up all your mistakes and see what you got.

hayabusaboston

HSC
to clarify! I did not say naplan is a good indicator of intelligence!!! I am just curious to see how many people got 200+ in naplan!

theind1996

HSC
N/A
OI :vcross: Niggas like me don't even have a 3 digit number!

Fawun

Queen
HSC
finally! back on topic lol. There are two booklets, one with an outline of what each band means, plus a little black dot to show where you were. Then there's another booklet which has the same thing, but outlines the questions in the test, and says which ones you got wrong and which ones you got right, and percentage of the state which got each question right etc. LIke ICAS tests. And you can count up all the questions and count up all your mistakes and see what you got.
How many questions are there? because i'm just going to count up how many mistakes I got.

deswa1

HSC
How many questions are there? because i'm just going to count up how many mistakes I got.
For you it'd be easier to count the ones you got right :p

jokes- please don't hurt me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)