• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what would be awkward? (1 Viewer)

so how many years?

• +3 or more

Votes: 45 43.7%
  • +2

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • +1

Votes: 4 3.9%

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • -3 or more

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my limits are prolly 3 yrs older & 2 yrs younger....as long as their not totally immature then its not that bad

lengstar

HSC
i don't think i would find much awkward, they might though. my preference atm is 16-23

A_J_Gray

i never date anyone who is less than half my age
i find with differing maturity levels u can almost date anyone. but i am 18 so dating someone half my age just woudlnt work at all

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
thats not that young is it?? 9. well i supose it is, love has no age limit's?

A_J_Gray

nah i disagree
im 18 and definetly wouldnt date a 9 year old. Unless she was a special 9 year old who was in like 2 years above her age

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i was 18 and my ex was 24... it was not akward.. but got weird coz we had different interests.. im still in the party mode and hes over it =)

pokey

lengstar said:
i don't think i would find much awkward, they might though. my preference atm is 16-23

yeah, i'm 16 and went out with a guy 24. age isn't really a problem unless you let it be... it eventually didn't work out because everyone else had a problem with it and that pissed me off. i think as long as you feel comfortable with it in every sense it's fine... just don't continue the relationship just to spite everyone else.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ok, this thread died then came back...well, may as well post

i say that you didn't give much of a range. i mean, most people would think 3 yrs older than themselves is alright, but not 4, and since you put them in the same category... i say, make a new thread

anyways, also, gender can affect the votes because most girls i know are fine with dating older guys, but are really ack about dating younger guys [even if it's just a month younger]. and it's not only girls that think that way, a lot of the general community thinks that way too, even some guys i know think that as well. but that doesn't mean everyone does, jsut saying it would affect the results.

and then, of course, there are people who don't care, and age shouldn't matter. but, to most of us, it does.

i don;t think age should matter, i guess it just depends on the individual person/partner. but having said that, anyone older than 5yrs to me would seem a bit weird, and i'd hate to admit it, but dating a younger guy would also seem a bit weird. i really hate how 'something' [probably society in general] has influenced my judgement. i mean, why should it be fine for a guy to date a younger girl, but weird for a girl to date a younger guy?? it's just not right. anyways, that's just my thoughts

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
this thread is like a belated erection. it came up too late.

i was going to put more options but it didn't allow me. i've given up. never thought i would say that.

waterfowl

HSC
I'm a guy and my preferences would be not older than me at all and maximum 5 years younger (when I'm 22 and older)

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i would be with someone up to 10 years older then me
thats the age gap between my folks...
but the most ive ever encountered was 6 years
and never been wif a younger guy...
but im not against it

miss_taken

i think the decent age gap is anywhere between a few months younger than u or at the most 4 yrs older..well dats ma personal opinion...but others may not agree..i no this chic..shes 17 n her bf is 33!!!! i was jus sick 2 da extreme when she told em dat..n shes had sex n stuff wiv him..dats a HUGE age gap!!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Totally depends on the chick and her circumstances. If she was a teacher then a small age difference would make me awkward.. etc.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
my friends situation is awkward - she met this guy off a chat room - far enough - talked for one night and then met up the next day and now she tells me that shes in love with a 30 year old guy and btw, shes only 18. I was telling her it wouldn't work, cause obviously they would want different things in the relationship and she just accused me of being selfish!

but awkward would be anything say abuot 3 years difference.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
16-40 if they are really hot, like supermodel hot (LOL)

eternity_

I think its wrong if one person is old enuff to be the other persons father/mother... but apart from that if an olda/younga guy/girl has same interests as u and u get along.. its fine.. unless its like below 15.. like 13 and 20 its wrong.. whereas20 and 27 is alrite.. still 7 years..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)