• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you do in this situation? (1 Viewer)

DoomBuggy

HSC
We have a senior art room at school and an enclosed verandah that adjoins it. The verandah is specifically for the year 12's, we have our own workspaces in there and can leave our work on our benches without fearing that people will come in there and screw it up. WRONG.

Some of the year 11's that do art have put it into their heads that they want to be different and work in there. They shift around our work so they can draw and make a mess of our spaces. My friend's printing fabric was ruined when they took it out of the tray and screwed it up into a ball and a large tin of drawing pencils that our art teacher had ordered in for another boy in my class had been used and scattered across the benches. I put up a sign telling them to leave and to not work in there because they were ruining our major bodies of work and they're not taking us seriously. They don't seem to care about our work and one of the girls that was doing it was overheard by some of the year 12 art kids saying that she thought the work sucked and no one was any good anyway and that the year 11's were way better etc.

I'm getting sick and tired of it and i don't think the art teachers are noticing/caring. Two of the year 12's in the SRC said they'd talk about it in the next meeting, but i'm not sure how that will work out. :(

Yomo

HSC
just bash up the year 11's...sucks that the art teachers dont seem to care..have you talked to them straight up? sometimes that works..or like if you have a decent teacher at your school that could do anything about it speak to them directly.. they are more likely to do something if you actually take the time to go and talk to them about it

DoomBuggy

HSC
just bash up the year 11's...sucks that the art teachers dont seem to care..have you talked to them straight up? sometimes that works..or like if you have a decent teacher at your school that could do anything about it speak to them directly.. they are more likely to do something if you actually take the time to go and talk to them about it
I walked past one of them last lesson and i wanted to smack her in the face....grr
We were going to try and go to the assistant principal.... but he was really pissed off today. Horrible thing is, I toyed with the idea of either coming back next year and messing up their spaces or paying some year 10's to do it for me...
I'm just going to wait and see what the SRC will do about it, one of the people on there was there when the girl went off about the year 12's art/spaces

Yomo

HSC
yea hopefully they sort something out..thats just shit that people would screw your things over like that...u should figure out a ridiculously elaborate and complex plan to get them back, tends to work for me

samthebear

HSC
the paying year 10s sounds like a good idea... until the year 11s cry to mummy and shit hits the fan. check out what the SRC will do - i'm sure they'll come to a resolution =] its really rude of the year 11s to purposefully mess with your work - maybe get a lock on the door that the year 12s only know the code to? and make sure that only the year 12 art students know the code so it doesnt get spread around unwittingly?

DoomBuggy

HSC
the paying year 10s sounds like a good idea... until the year 11s cry to mummy and shit hits the fan. check out what the SRC will do - i'm sure they'll come to a resolution =] its really rude of the year 11s to purposefully mess with your work - maybe get a lock on the door that the year 12s only know the code to? and make sure that only the year 12 art students know the code so it doesnt get spread around unwittingly?
If the SRC doesn't do anything i'm going to spam their suggestion box full of complaints the next time i have a study! There's three doors into the verandah, one from the senior artroom, one from the French room that's beside the artroom and a sliding glass door near the sinks. I don't think they'd let us have a lock on the door anyway. Someone had the bright idea to move the printing press into the verandah and now the little shits have a reason to go in there and mess shit up.... and even if the press wasn't there, they'd probably worm their slimy way through a window...

i seem to be saying shit a lot... shit shit shit! It's what the little wankers are going to get in their Christmas stockings

LordPc

HSC
go get a subject drop form. fill out the reason for dropping subject as "art teacher doesn't seem to care about my major work". give it to the teacher to sign it.

they will read it. either they will be surprised and you can get them to do something. if they dont seem to care still and they sign the form, well then your teacher really doesnt care so you'd best drop it anyway

HSC
go get a subject drop form. fill out the reason for dropping subject as "art teacher doesn't seem to care about my major work". give it to the teacher to sign it.

they will read it. either they will be surprised and you can get them to do something. if they dont seem to care still and they sign the form, well then your teacher really doesnt care so you'd best drop it anyway
hahaha! i like that one =]

mehh yr 11's. ewwww

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I walked past one of them last lesson and i wanted to smack her in the face....grr
We were going to try and go to the assistant principal.... but he was really pissed off today. Horrible thing is, I toyed with the idea of either coming back next year and messing up their spaces or paying some year 10's to do it for me...
I'm just going to wait and see what the SRC will do about it, one of the people on there was there when the girl went off about the year 12's art/spaces
Kick them out now and then mess it up again next yr :rofl:

q3thefish

HSC
Just destroy the year 11s specifically on muck-up day with eggs, water balloons filled with tomato sauce and fill their bags with fart bombs (50 cents each).

Lol. That'll learn em.

But before you guys do that, consult the teachers and the higher-ups.

hannahcheeseman

HSC
i dont know what sort of system you guys have set up but basically for us at our school yr 12 art students are like saints no one touches anything we have a label on. But if that was happening to me i would go and see my yr co or the yr 11 yr co cause then they can decide on what to do. also make sure you know exactly who is doing it and exactly what they are doing, dont extend the truth cause that will blow up in your face and all you really want is for them to leave you alne so u can do ur major.

Good luck!

HSC
I would proceed as follows, stopping once it gets addressed/fixed.

Talk to art teachers(already done?)
Tell art teachers that you'll go to head of Visual Arts.
Talk to Head of Arts.
Tell Head of Arts you'll talk it to the deputy/principal.
Go to them.
Tell them that you've followed all avenues internally to get this problem addressed and if no action is taken, you'll have to write to the Board of Studies, because this is not acceptable, and you and your class have enough to do without having your work sabotaged.

You SHOULD not have to go this far.
But if you do, well. yeah. Write to BoS(the other one).

Freddie09

HSC
I would proceed as follows:

HOW TO GET YOUR OWN WAY IN THREE EASY STEPS:

Step one: talk to art teacher, if art teacher ignores you talk louder :shouting:

Step two: if art teacher still ignores you; talk to principal.

Step three: if principal ignores you start yelling/screaming/tearing up important documents and generally making a nuisance of yourself until action is taken to fix the art room problem :)

alternatively you can climb onto the roof and refuse to come down until said problem is addressed (hint: take lunch)

DoomBuggy

HSC

Talk to Head of Arts.
Go to them.
Tell them that you've followed all avenues internally to get this problem addressed and if no action is taken, you'll have to write to the Board of Studies, because this is not acceptable, and you and your class have enough to do without having your work sabotaged.

I told my art teacher about it, she said she'd talk to them, but i doubt that they'll listen, my art teacher's the head of Visual Arts so i hope it'll help.

I got really annoyed before i talked to her, since i saw that the year 11's had opened up my cabinet and used my Inktense pencils (little @#$^&%s probably thought i wouldn't notice the tape i'd secured around the tin had been ripped open)

So i'm hoping things will be better after the little crappers come back from exams.

Nanasaurus

HSC

Talk to Head of Arts.
Go to them.

our art teacher IS the head of art, too.
and the deputy is a PE teacher.
and I'm convinced that our principal is nothing more than a puppet, or ventriloquist dummy... or something. she rarely emerges from the cave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)