What Would you do???? (1 Viewer)

IcA-Tom only

HSC
What would you do if you got pregnant and your boyfriend was making you get an abortion??? and you did not want to????

What if he decided to not talk to you and be there with you to make his decision and then ran away after and did not take any responsibility????

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
IcA-Tom only said:
What would you do if you got pregnant and your boyfriend was making you get an abortion??? and you did not want to????

What if he decided to not talk to you and be there with you to make his decision and then ran away after and did not take any responsibility????
Is this the reason for this?

Skeeta

HSC
If your boyfriend is being clear that he does not want to be the father of your child (however immature it is) you have a few options

a) Keep the baby against his wishes, hound him for child support for the next 18 years
b) Have an abortion
c) Keep the baby, but know that the father does not want to be part of this childs life, and take responsibility for this child for 18+ years on your own/with family etc.
d) Put the baby up for adoption

The best idea is probably not to fall pregnant in the first place.. but i am assuming this is an accident - but you need to think this out on your own. And think realistically

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Skeeta said:
If your boyfriend is being clear that he does not want to be the father of your child (however immature it is) you have a few options

a) Keep the baby against his wishes, hound him for child support for the next 18 years
b) Have an abortion
c) Keep the baby, but know that the father does not want to be part of this childs life, and take responsibility for this child for 18+ years on your own/with family etc.
d) Put the baby up for adoption

The best idea is probably not to fall pregnant in the first place.. but i am assuming this is an accident - but you need to think this out on your own. And think realistically
If you do decide that you want the baby, go a). It's like c), but with revenge.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
He has no right to force you to do anything. It is your body, and your choice.

You need to think about what you're willing and able to do. The options are to have an abortion, have the baby and raise it, or arrange for the baby to be put up for adoption. All three of these options have their pros and cons, and I strongly advise you speak through your options with a counsellor.

The following is one termination clinic that you can speak to a counsellor at. While they do abortion procedures, they do not encourage or advocate you to have them, and they have unbiased, free counsellors to speak to.

http://www.preterm.org.au/

9217 8700

I hope everything is sorted out for you.

IcA-Tom only

HSC
He does not even talk to me anymore until I do.....I was sitting with him and he would not even hold my hand....HIS PARENTS HATE ME!!!!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I really recommend you speak to a counsellor.

Skeeta

HSC
its hard but what are your options? be uninformed and do something you may regret?

Or take responsibility, tell someone (a counsellor cant tell anyone) get informed, make your decision rationally and be better off for it..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you telling us, is similar to telling a councillor..only differences
- we're online, but dont have the 'right' answers (just personal oppinions)
- they're on the phone, but will give you the info you need to make up your mind

might not be comfy talking to a councillor initially, but its better in the long run...going purely by our suggestions, you may make a decision you regret

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
maybe you shouldnt be having sex if you arent responsable with contraception? no1 can make you do anything because wether you like it or not, the law says it is totally the mothers decision. Have an abortion if you cant bear to leave your b/f, keep the child if your principles mean more than your relationship [bear in mind you will have a tough time in school]

if you decide to keep it, see skeetas post for your options.

Apocalypsse

HSC
If you keep the child it would greatly benefit from having its father around. The way the father has gone about this whole situation, the child would grow up resenting his/her father, maybe even the mother a little bit. IMO best options are abortion or adoption. But you must speak with a real councillor before making a decision.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
It's ignorant to think that people only get pregnant when you're not responsible with contraception.

"Myth
If I use contraception properly, I won't get pregnant.

Fact
Although unplanned pregnancies can occur from not using or misusing contraception, many women also get pregnant because the contraception they were using failed, or they were not fully informed on the correct use of their chosen contraception. No contraception is 100% effective."

I know it's hard to talk to someone, but these counsellors are trained professionals who deal with situations like yours every day, and who can offer much better and more practical advice and support than we can.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Or more importantly, if you choose to keep the baby, are you financially, emotionally, physically etc able and ready to parent and provide for a child for the rest of your life?

Let us know how it goes.

AngelBunny`

HSC
If you think abortion is unfair to the baby, then wait till it grow up. I don't think he/she would like to live in a broken family. Also it is big responsibility and sacrifice for you too.Think about it carefully.

But whatever happens don't take the easy route by ending your life, it is very stupid.

Wish you the very best

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
dagwoman said:
It's ignorant to think that people only get pregnant when you're not responsible with contraception.

"Myth
If I use contraception properly, I won't get pregnant.

Fact
Although unplanned pregnancies can occur from not using or misusing contraception, many women also get pregnant because the contraception they were using failed, or they were not fully informed on the correct use of their chosen contraception. No contraception is 100% effective."

I know it's hard to talk to someone, but these counsellors are trained professionals who deal with situations like yours every day, and who can offer much better and more practical advice and support than we can.
you are wrong honey
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ect-answers-common-questions-asked-forum.html

We arent talking about the condom here, we are talking pill and upwards, or pill + condom.

You know how they say no contraception is 100% effective? its because stupid people use them, and dont take the pill every day, or dont put a condom on every time. They are taking into account the stupidity index here, not the actual quality of the contraception. How the hell are you going to get pregnnant when the pill you are taking stops ovulation?
If you have contraception and you use it properly, you wont get pregnant.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
That's not true. If you read my post, you would have realised that. The pill can fail; it happens all the time. The "myth/fact" segment I posted came directly from an abortion clinic website where I know people who work there. The statistic rates for failure of contraception are based on people who use contraception the RIGHT way, EVERY time, and they're not 100%.

Last edited:

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I'd abort the embryo as soon as possible, it's a mistake and above all else, you'd want a "whole" family for the child, wouldn't you? How can the child be happy if he/she grows up without knowing who his/her father is? Wouldn't he/she be discriminated against?! It's an unfair burden on you and the child.

I thought I'd been in that situation just a few weeks ago, but my b.f. was so excited at the idea of fatherhood and his mum even offered to adopt me if I get kicked out. Now we're extra careful :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)