What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Happy 2007, and what would you like to see on the next installment of BOS? :)

thread created due to popular demand

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Re: What would you like to see on BOS 2007?

Oh yeah, thanks for the "Food and Drink" forum. I'm feelin' hungry.

Can we get uni. notes just like we got HSC ones?

Kujah

HSC
N/A

More smilies, and different ones?

BlackDragon

HSC

Yeah heaps of the smilies don't work for some reason. Or it just could be the computers i use?

But the new lifestyle thread is really good. Hooray for that.

enwiabe

Banned
HSC

Vce Sam 2007!

P

pLuvia

enwiabe said:
Vce Sam 2007!
The new SAM's will be updated as we draw closer to the major final exams i.e. near the end of the year

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

How about students uploading university notes?

sladehk

le random
HSC

YES uni notes would be awesome!!!

sladehk

le random
HSC

+ also a clean up the tutoring forum ie everyone gets one pegged so people don't need to bump all the time?

BlackDragon

HSC

Okay i think i have a good suggestion.

People should be able to change their opinion in polls. I.e. At the top under the poll there should be a link "Change Your Vote". I like this idea because in the News and Current Affairs Forums, all the polls mean absolutely nothing because some people made their choice MONTHS ago and it no way reflects current opinions. By being able to change their opinions we would be able to see current trends and how and why people are changing their views about anything, not just News and Current Affairs.
This change your vote option could be at the discretion of the author though. In that, whilst making the poll they could tick a box "allow people to change their opinion". In this way people could only change their opinion when it is appropriate.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC

sladehk said:
+ also a clean up the tutoring forum ie everyone gets one pegged so people don't need to bump all the time?
If everyone's was pegged then people would still be down the bottom and people would still bump theirs up to get it up the top of the threads labelled "Important".

T

Testpilot

Jachie said:
That sounds good, I just don't know how doable it is. But if it's possible, then it definitely sounds like something we should have.
It would require the admins either finding a mod for VBulletin or them having to actually write the code themselves (which would be too much work).

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

-Link to a "site of the day". Just plainly a good site for HSC students or anything that concerns people of our age group such as driving or whatever.

-"Quote of the day" or "fact of the day" or "joke of the day" (or week)

-Weekly or daily welcoming messages rather than the boring HSC is Over or Seasons greetings. How about this "Roger Federer wins Aust. Open" or "so and so wins the NSW state elections" At least the home page will be a lot more interesting.

-As someone mentioned, improved patrol of tutoring forums.

J

jhakka

Uni notes would be a problem due to the fact that units of study change from year to year, and there are MASSIVE plagiarism issues surrounding it (which you would know if you've been at uni for more than a week). Generally if you attend lectures, tutes/labs/pracs/seminars and do your readings you should be fine.

I'm sure uni notes have been raised before and have been rejected for these reasons.

BlackDragon

HSC

When are the 'Exam Thoughts 2006' shortcuts going to leave the start page? Its already feb and people can still access them easily without them being on the front page.

sladehk

le random
HSC

Sparcod said:
-Link to a "site of the day". Just plainly a good site for HSC students or anything that concerns people of our age group such as driving or whatever.

-"Quote of the day" or "fact of the day" or "joke of the day" (or week)

-Weekly or daily welcoming messages rather than the boring HSC is Over or Seasons greetings. How about this "Roger Federer wins Aust. Open" or "so and so wins the NSW state elections" At least the home page will be a lot more interesting.
i reckon that should be optional like.. up to the user

also i think there should be an option for like low-def users who dun want all this extra stuff like ppl with extra sized sigs/ avatars so they can turn off the stuff and view text, formatting and smileys. i guess it also helps ppl out there with 56k or ppl who have slow comps and love opening 1000000000 tabs of BoS at teh same time (like me =( )

tennille

HSC

There is an option to turn off images, avatars and signatures, which is under quicklinks --> edit options.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC

I defintely think more emphasis on uni notes/forums like there are for hsc/vce. Would be very useful for us new uni students who have been helped by BoS over years

tennille

HSC

jhakka said:
Uni notes would be a problem due to the fact that units of study change from year to year, and there are MASSIVE plagiarism issues surrounding it (which you would know if you've been at uni for more than a week). Generally if you attend lectures, tutes/labs/pracs/seminars and do your readings you should be fine.

I'm sure uni notes have been raised before and have been rejected for these reasons.
Also, subjects learnt at one uni may be completely different to another uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)