What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
Maybe renamed the Confessions thread in the Non-School forum to something like the BoS Lounge or the Chat Thread?

Kolmias

HSC
Some of the forums could be merged to make it appear that the forum is more active then it is. For example, you could merge Lifestyle & Interests and the Entertainment forums.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Ability to pin posts at the top of each thread. E.g. process where person X asks mod Y if they can pin their post. Ie. rather than creating an entirely new thread.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Some of the forums could be merged to make it appear that the forum is more active then it is. For example, you could merge Lifestyle & Interests and the Entertainment forums.
They can cater for completely different types of threads though. It would make everything too much of a cluster if that happened.

Ability to pin posts at the top of each thread. E.g. process where person X asks mod Y if they can pin their post. Ie. rather than creating an entirely new thread.
Use one topic per thread. That way the thread flows along much more nicely and is more cohesive to those looking for advice or an answer.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah like eg. UNSW results thread. Ie no point creating a new one. But it would be helpful to pin a post telling people to list the first few digits of zid and the time they received the results

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah like eg. UNSW results thread. Ie no point creating a new one. But it would be helpful to pin a post telling people to list the first few digits of zid and the time they received the results
As far as I know, we don't have the functionality with vBulletin at the moment, but we can look into this moving forward.

I think it's a good idea.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Maybe renamed the Confessions thread in the Non-School forum to something like the BoS Lounge or the Chat Thread?
You can create your own with that name :T , the thread changes every year or two - they all have a phase, there were other threads just as popular as confessions is now before.

-Senpai

HSC
The ability to tag people in posts?

I guess it's useful in that you can tag certain people who can help with a specific situation outlined in a thread.

Examples:

* If it's to do with accounting you can tag someone experienced like seremify

* If it's to do with HSC raw marks you can tag someone experienced like D94

etc.

In this way people can get faster and more informed responses.

I guess these threads are less likely to be derailed as well?

+ In some threads a lot of activity can happen during someone's absence and it may take some time to scroll back to find if a question was answered, etc.

Kolmias

HSC
The ability to tag people in posts?

I guess it's useful in that you can tag certain people who can help with a specific situation outlined in a thread.

Examples:

* If it's to do with accounting you can tag someone experienced like seremify

* If it's to do with HSC raw marks you can tag someone experienced like D94

etc.

In this way people can get faster and more informed responses.

I guess these threads are less likely to be derailed as well?

+ In some threads a lot of activity can happen during someone's absence and it may take some time to scroll back to find if a question was answered, etc.
This would be an awesome feature.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Having moderators ban accounts before and after busy periods (e.g. Tests)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
There is an obvious moral hazard issue with it.

Also, you should take your own responsibilities when it comes to distractions.
Okay. We have to learn to not get distracted ourselves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)