What would you prefer to call your teachers by? (1 Viewer)

What do you prefer to call your teacher by?

• Total voters

tennille

HSC
Sir or miss. It just feels weird calling them miss blah blah or calling them by their first name...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
miss/sir.. its jus 2nd nature.. theres only about 2 teachers i call anything else.. which is jus nicknames..

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
*girl04* said:
i think sir is respectable, but miss isnt. why dont you call guy teachers mr? you just dont it would be wrong

ok, males call them 'sir', females call them 'madam'....how bout that?

mishka

HSC
N/A
@ braad - there would probably be a feminist epidemic if we started the "madam" phase... :p
but in theory, i guess "miss" is kinda unfair to those teachers who are married... but it's still shows respect.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
eheheh i remember the first couple of weeks of school i couldn't remember anyones names.So if you don't know them go for the sir or the miss thing it's not worth it going " you there! in the white shirt with those ugly shorts and a tendancy to make maths hard to students, get over here! "

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
usually its just Miss or Sir.... but Ive also called a few by their first name and also Hey you, and Oi

nicknames

MrB, Uh... Hey (ITM)
Earthy, Earthyboy (Math)
Finno, Finnas (English)
Beaves (Bio)
Barbs (Principal.. but never to her face)
Vincy (My yr9 History Teacher)
Kenny (Substitute teacher)
Bogan (The music teacher)

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
In primary I would only ever call teachers Mr, Mrs, or Miss and their last name.
When I got to high school everyone called the teachers Sir or Miss so I soon caught on.

Before I finished school (and even now when I see them) I tend just to call them Miss (I only had one male teacher, who I called sir obviously), although if I ask another teacher where they are I will say where is Miss (Lastname). The only time I use their first names is if I am looking for my History teacher (she has the same last name as another teacher) or I am calling the school and asking to speak to them.

I have known my teachers for a long time, and even been on exchange twice with one of them, but just don't feel right calling them Barbara, Anne, Gail etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it depends wat teacher.

most of the time it's just Sir/Miss, sometimes a variation on the last name....

there are a few a call my their first name

and there is ONE, that me and my friend always call "ya big ho", to her face, she doesnt mind that, she calls us "ho's" as well, so it's all good :p

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
my fave teacher mr vickers everyone calls cuddles but i call him precious. hes my roll call teacher is so cool.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I just call my teachers sir, miss, or by their nicknames if I know them well.

My Year 10 science teacher was Cu#t...only behind his back though!

Assasinator_2

HSC
If a teacher had a nickname, then i called them it, but otherwise just Sir

IE: Steeps was my chem teacher, since he was Mr Steeples

Griggsie for Mr Griggs, my year 10 PE teacher

but most didn't have nicknames

lord chumpley

HSC
how come in primary school it's always "mrs blahblah" or "mr doobedoo" and then in high school you have sir and miss? calling teachers sir and miss always seemed weird to me when i was in primary school (my mum's a teacher) but i always knew that as soon as i got to high school you had to call them that,. why is it like that i wonder??

Chriis

HSC
N/A
we had student talk and teacher talk, i.e. around the students we'd call faggy teachers by nicknames... like this teacher we hated, mr hanbury, we'd call dr. phil

lols

but, ya usually, sir and miss is easy, and sometimes nicknames to nice teachers, like our PE teacher let us call her musto.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
QAFluva said:
In most government schools, it is compulsory to call your teacher by their last name (eg Mr Surname).
Eh? I just say Miss or Sir. I rarely say Miss blah or Mr blah. Unless im exasperated and I know the teacher well :p

superbird

HSC
I don't see why we should call teachers by their surname. In the workplace (or real world) most employees usually call their managers by their first name.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Well we had Jenno, Donno, Lutto, Jenko, Rosie, Wicker Wicker Wheatdog (don't ask ...), Lloydie, BOC, Beauie, Gabs, Young Kell and Old Kell (little age difference), Westy, Lanky, Queeny, Miss Fine, the Evil Queen of Numbers, Nutty Professor, Batts, Tooms, Ice Queen and Tim the Bus Driver (the principal).

I didn't know half the names for these teachers!!
You forgot Princess!! (Ms Lancaster) ~ there's this castle of Lancaster in England or somewhere, and there was a princess Joan that used to be there. She discovered it and took a photo and showed us in Year 7 history when we learnt about medieval castles. She's so damn annoying. Can't wait till she's gone

I take it Evil Queen of Numbers is Mrs Harmer! SHE'S THE BIGGEST BITCH. So glad she's goooone next yr.

S

Shuter

Hmmm, I always said Mr/Ms [lastname]. Most other people did too, some used sir/miss sometimes when shortening. A few had nicknames that I would call them by, but most of them were just used when talking to other friends. Never called any by their first name as that seems weird (except one who's nickname was "jazzy geoff").

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Few of ours have nicknames - mostly we just call them Mr, Mrs or Miss (surname).

Of those that do have nicknames:

Mrs Griffiths = Griffo
Mrs Bilton = Bilto
Mr Florido = Floz
Mr Raymond = King Nerdburger
Mr Willcocks = Queen Nerdburger
Miss Ching = Chingy
Miss Pemberton = Miss P
Mrs McFetridge = Fetters
Mr Watson = Mrs Watson (long, funny story about that one)
Mrs Wheeldon = Wheeliebin (Headmistress - not to her face, obviously)
Mrs Mitchell = Foggy
Mrs Bastian = Basty

There's probably more, but I'm not privy to them.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Argonaut said:
Now you know all the nicknames ... although Wheatdog could be "Pervert" ...
lol! So true.

Did you hear what he did (or should I say, AN incident, there are probably many more)? Some girl called him the name of an Ancient old God scum thing, and he called her the name of the old scum thing's mistress!
Ash Lord commented to him about it in front of the whole class, and he said to her "You shouldn't bring up things from the past"!
SAYS AN ANCIENT HISTORY TEACHER?!?! :S

Also, Mr McKenna is known in the staffroom as "English Muffin". Pretty stupid nickname though, as he's Scottish.

By the way, who is Ice Queen?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)