What YOU put into YOUR HSC (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
So guys, what kind of effort did you put into your HSC? Do you have regrets?

Personally I accelerated courses early (in my own time) to get a good early grasp. As a result, I ended up doing less work and was much more relaxed than most of my year 12 friends.

What say you?

friction

HSC
Not a lot of effort most the year i did not even do the homework i had a half arsed attempt at the trials but then for the HSC about 2 weeks before it started i had an epiphany and decided i was going to work hard so i did that and worked like 5-10 hrs a day mostly around 8 which i was stoked with.

iEdd

HSC
Accelerated 3 unit maths last year. Got band 6 and E3. Did all the maths homework. A lot of work really*, 30-90 minutes homework a day.

Actual year 12, did sweet fuck all most nights, unless there was an assessment/exam and I planned my time and started almost straight away. (For the real subjects). Apparently I can expect all 3 as band 6s, based on trial results and overall performance.

For English I did about 5 hours before each assessment, most of which was memorising the essay. I did almost no work in this bullshit subject. Expecting/hoping for low band 5.

Doing several hours every night is ridiculous and seems to plan for sheer quantity. Most nights I did nothing - though being accelerated I had more time to spare. However, I spose you have to do shitloads if you want to get 100UAI.

*Compared to my other year 12 subjects, where I did average of 0 hours homework a night and expecting even higher marks than the 91 I got in maths.

iEdd

HSC
Meh. If pointless conversation speeds up the time to results, then good?

Edit: Oh I get your frustration now, what with your subtle signature and all. :p

dp624

HSC
Yeha i stopped doing homewerk in the last two terms. did jack all after trials, played blokus in library ftw

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
I can honestly say I put 100% into my major works (History Ext and Society). However, I don't think I put 100% in overall. I did work hard for assessments though and that paid off in exams. I have a passion for all my subjects (except one) and I think that, as opposed to putting in 100%, will pay off for me as I was constantly thinking about and talking about subjects with others. I love history so it wasn't really work for me - for the others, like Advanced English, I put about 90% in I guess.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I gave my 100% till the end of trial period. But after that I continued the endless process of procrastination and this still continues to this day...

By the way, I am talking about accelerated subjects maths and mx1. So I would say I gave 80% for those subjects during my HSC time.

HSC
Far less than even I expected 12 months ago, when it comes down to it. Hilariously, my UAI expectations have actually increased since 12 months ago. Probably when I realised the extent to which scaling helps.

dp624

HSC
Does who says "not 100%" regret it? I'm not sure if i do or not. I'll get into my course, i tihnk, but i could ahve achieved higher for pride? lol

friction

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Far less than even I expected 12 months ago, when it comes down to it. Hilariously, my UAI expectations have actually increased since 12 months ago. Probably when I realised the extent to which scaling helps.
I am in the same position. :).

friction

HSC
dp624 said:
Does who says "not 100%" regret it? I'm not sure if i do or not. I'll get into my course, i tihnk, but i could ahve achieved higher for pride? lol
I dont regret the amount of work i put in i was happy with my effort no use putting ur whole life in to it when in 3 months when uni starts noone will care.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
dp624 said:
I'll get into my course, i tihnk, but i could ahve achieved higher for pride
Same here, eventually i decided my health was more important than pride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)