Whats a good study habit for Year 11? (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
Hey guys. Just asking around for advice. What are your study routines in year 11? Should i take it easier this year and go hard next year? Or consistently study, write an essay an hour etc :)

mioumiou

HSC
I would say study hard, but not too hard like hours and hours each day. Year 11 is suppose to be the year where you can experience different kinds of methods of studying. But also to maintain a consistently habit of studying.

If I were you, I won't just go off and write an essay for an hour. For english, reading and understand our main topic (The Journeys) is very important. Yes, writing essay is important and I did not mean that you should not practice at all. Just have some practice within a certain time (but not an hour, less than an hour would be good enough). Try to write, understand and experience different types of texts that you might get in the HSC.

It also depends on what subjects' you're doing. If you're doing maths, spending about half an hour each day (not including you're homework) would be enough. For the science subjects, read you're textbooks, class notes and go through the syllabus and make you're own notes are the best way to study! I'm not sure about other subjects though (like social sciences cuz I don't do them at school =S)

My subjects are english, maths ext.1, chemistry, biology, modern history and Japanese continuers.
So I would say spending an hour revising on the subjects that you have today (all the subjects you have each day) and do 1/2 an hour of maths (each day) and choose two other random subjects that I've got for half an hour each.

I hope this helps and good luck with all of your studies!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
2-3 hours a day in Year 11 (including homework)

4 hours on weekends.

Should be fine no matter what subjects you're doing.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just do all your homework, makes syllabus notes (practising this in Year 11 is best to perfect it in Year 12) and do the occasional study... this will get you through the year and then cram before exams.

Year 12 you will find you will want to do more consistent revision.

Misyndo

HSC
2-3 hours a day in Year 11 (including homework)

4 hours on weekends.

Should be fine no matter what subjects you're doing.
What the fuck. The only time when I do that is when assessment periods are around.

Otherwise I finish up whatever I didn't finish in school at home which usually takes me <1 hour anyways.

Tofuu

HSC
What the fuck. The only time when I do that is when assessment periods are around.

Otherwise I finish up whatever I didn't finish in school at home which usually takes me <1 hour anyways.
yea, true, thats waaay too much, don't try do a whole 4hrs, its just too much, instead try 2 hrs of efficient work on weekends, complete hw, make quick notes and revise on what you learnt in the past 1-2 days, and when you make notes, follow the syllabus dot points

wendy_

HSC
Get a bit of a heads up before you turn up to your lessons. It will make school a lot easier. I don't mean fully study and understand... maybe skim through and get a brief idea?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Well, whatever gets you through and makes you feel you've learnt the content well enough and could be tested on it. I personally couldn't live on <1 hour of school work... not with my current aspirations and pressures.

Do as you so please, but most school's recommend 2-3 hours per night of consistent homework/study/revision/assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)