What's going thru ur mind when solving a question. (1 Viewer)

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
since mx2 is well....harder lol, im interested to see how ppl approach questions, and what the heck is going thru their mind.

e.g - do you think thru systematically....etc etc.

for 2u/3u for example..i dont think....i just doze off and think about the weekend...and my mind will do it for me (if u kno where im comming from)

but mx2 is different....very different....

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
in my mind for mx2. I ask myself:
- which topic is this question from? what is it asking?
- what formulas are needed?

and then I solve it from there

for mx2, the concepts are essential. at times, you will need to think back to how they derive the formulas in order to do the question.

pman

Banned
HSC
generally the method for solving the problem...either that or something about fish

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
in my mind for mx2. I ask myself:
- which topic is this question from? what is it asking?
- what formulas are needed?

and then I solve it from there

for mx2, the concepts are essential. at times, you will need to think back to how they derive the formulas in order to do the question.
i like this.

what i do is....well...yeh i stare at the question and ask myself....

"what does it MEAN?!?!!"

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
a lot of the time, just

"FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

=\

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
me :" ohh i rove da mathematics... so ezy, this da secks... imma go get da bubble tea after dis and maybe go to da karaioke ... mama chow gonna be so proud of me!"

just trolln'

i try to see what the question asks and for example, what must be true for this to be true... but the more questions you do, the less 'tricky' it becomes and you then know how to do it

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I do the following checklist:

1. Does this look easy or hard? (this prepares me to think either, "Oh okay, no mental strain needed" or "Okay, game time" - in exams it is usually a glance at how many marks the thing is)
2. What topic is it under (integration, conics, polynomials, complex, etc.)?
3. What specific subdivision is it under (Argand diagrams, vectors, basic functions)?
4. What is the question asking me to do?
5. What sub-subdivision am I looking for (e.g. Harder 3u --> Circle Geo --> Cyclic Quads)?

And go from there.

hscishard

HSC
I do the following checklist:

1. Does this look easy or hard? (this prepares me to think either, "Oh okay, no mental strain needed" or "Okay, game time" - in exams it is usually a glance at how many marks the thing is)
2. What topic is it under (integration, conics, polynomials, complex, etc.)?
3. What specific subdivision is it under (Argand diagrams, vectors, basic functions)?
4. What is the question asking me to do?
5. What sub-subdivision am I looking for (e.g. Harder 3u --> Circle Geo --> Cyclic Quads)?

And go from there.
Wow, that must take ages for question 1.

I should really do that for circle geo.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Smart.

You're allowed to use a pen during reading time in the HSC?
no silly billy

fingernails!

and let me tell you now, security is SO lax during the hsc exams. half my mx1 and mx2 class wrote formulas and stuff on their calculators.
and the board approved calculator shit can easily be bypassed cus my calculator could do definite integrals. i still have it :D

hscishard

HSC
no silly billy

fingernails!

and let me tell you now, security is SO lax during the hsc exams. half my mx1 and mx2 class wrote formulas and stuff on their calculators.
and the board approved calculator shit can easily be bypassed cus my calculator could do definite integrals. i still have it :D
Gimme brand and model!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Gimme brand and model!
not sure about the model, but as far as i'm aware, any casio with a silver cover should be able to do it. however, getting it can be kinda tricky since i dont think they sell it in australia.

and it made sketching graphs abit easier, cus all i had to do was enter the equation of the graph and voila, i just plot the points

rundotop

HSC
N/A
I just stare at the question until I get it LOL
THIs.
or I don't do the question / write up a stupid response.

not sure about the model, but as far as i'm aware, any casio with a silver cover should be able to do it. however, getting it can be kinda tricky since i dont think they sell it in australia.

and it made sketching graphs abit easier, cus all i had to do was enter the equation of the graph and voila, i just plot the points
I have a friend who makes them. Importants them from China, and removes case from the old casio's and put's it on the imported ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)