• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's the best internet provider.. (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
so you get a phone line included with that package? how does it work 'using the internet' specifically?

hmmmmmmmm might be the one..

/noob

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ennaybur said:
so you get a phone line included with that package? how does it work 'using the internet' specifically?

/noob
It's like using skype with a proper handset. And I'm not sure whether that'd include line rental.

michael1990

HSC
Ennaybur said:

/noob
I am not sure either if it comes with the headset. But i am pretty sure if you were going to do VOIP that you would maybe pay a little extra and get the HeadSet.

http://whirlpool.net.au/

check it out.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
With DSL, you connect using the copper line, now this means you have to pay for line rental still. What Naked DSL does is offer it for free or substantially cheaper, as it switches off the ability to make calls through it, and so is basically just the copper wire you need.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/10/12/1191696156893.html

HSC
Telstra and Optus are both shitty ripoffs.

I think TPG would be the best choice.

Internode is the highest quality ISP in Australia, but that comes at a price.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
KnifeySpoony said:
The new plans however suck major balls, and they count uploads now too!
(on the old plans atleast)
Fusion's worst..if you go over your dl limit they dont cap you anymore, they charge you 15c a mb..so basically if you go over your cap by 2gbs its +$300 to your bill!
Optus FTMFL.
lol, lucky im not on that plan. last month I went over my dl limit by about 6 GB, that would be $900!!!

Also how come no isp's that I know of have discounts for differnt ip's. eg. if you access a web site in usa, surlly it costs the isp more than if you access a site in sydney. at uni, .au are charged at 20%

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
AsyLum said:
With DSL, you connect using the copper line, now this means you have to pay for line rental still. What Naked DSL does is offer it for free or substantially cheaper, as it switches off the ability to make calls through it, and so is basically just the copper wire you need.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/10/12/1191696156893.html
Hey awesome. I will probably be looking into getting that then. As for providers, i found random small time companies actually do pretty good, they are cheap, they have decent speeds and limits, what more do you need?

the guys i were with previously was data oz solutions, they sound dodgy but i never had any problems with them.

michael1990

HSC
I am with Internode. (old plan)

they are great and have FANTASTIC customer service. :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
go exetel an let me be your referrer :)

itzagurlthang

HSC
I agree with Starcraftmazter vbmenu_register("postmenu_3356761", true); . I've been using TPG for over 5 years now and I have never had a problem! The ADSL2 packages are decent and they provide great service =)

michael1990

HSC
dieburndie said:
Nearly everything I've ever heard/read says otherwise
My friend is with TPG and has also said they are terrible when it comes to Customer Service and their Technical Support is dreadful.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Who gives a shit about customer service? Unless you're an absolute tard you can diagnose 90% of problems yourself.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It extends to more than just fixing shit, like cancelling or getting your plans upgraded etc, if they fuck you around, to some people that matters more than the product they're getting.

bao28

HSC
michael1990 said:
My friend is with TPG and has also said they are terrible when it comes to Customer Service and their Technical Support is dreadful.
i think ur friend lied, i posted to the "contact us" thingies in tpg and i got replies within 3 hours or less

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
yeah I'm not too worried about customer service (considering i've never had to really deal with it) but on the other hand i am a bit of a tard when it comes to tech shit (as you may have gathered).. so i don't want to get analraped about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)