What's up with Western restaurants chains serving me halal meat?? (1 Viewer)

asparagus

HSC
N/A
No, which is why I don't understand all this crying about restaurants serving halal meat. If it's basically the same, why does it even matter?
it matters because it seems like everything has a halal certification now, especially in supermarkets.

Then you ask:
1. why do all of these companies want everything halal certified when the majority of the population dont want them to be
2. who are these halal companies that sell the halal certification to companies, and what are they associated with; and
3. do these people who pay the islamic certification company know that those companies support the same religious and political opinions we do - ie, are we indirectly funding muslim anti israel causes and/or usa terrorism indirectly?

nobody has shone any light on what these halal certification companies do with all this money, and whehter its spend in the furthering of bad things

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
it matters because it seems like everything has a halal certification now, especially in supermarkets.

Then you ask:
1. why do all of these companies want everything halal certified when the majority of the population dont want them to be
2. who are these halal companies that sell the halal certification to companies, and what are they associated with; and
3. do these people who pay the islamic certification company know that those companies support the same religious and political opinions we do - ie, are we indirectly funding muslim anti israel causes and/or usa terrorism indirectly?

nobody has shone any light on what these halal certification companies do with all this money, and whehter its spend in the furthering of bad things
somebody needs a tin foil hat.

the reason we have halal certification is because it makes our goods easier to export, since you know our northernly neighbours are the largest muslim country in the world.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Yep, sell our Australian Christian values for $$....

How unaustralian...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

How unaustralian...
The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/coaca430/s116.html

Yes were a Christian nation.

Btw you do realize in the old testament it does tell people to follow kosher rules right?

jdennis

HSC

How unaustralian...
Oh it's "unaustralian" you say... end of debate then. What does that even mean? I'm not sure whether you're in a position to say what is or isn't Australian when you think Australia is a Christian nation...

jdennis

HSC
Also, I have to say that this thread has made me lose faith in humanity again (as things like this on the Internet often do).

The level of anti-Muslim sentiment in this country is becoming a real concern. I don't understand what your problem is if you think normal people who just happen to have a different religious belief to you are somehow a threat to our way of life in Australia.
Of course I acknowledge that jihadists and extremists are a real issue and we need to deal with that minority of people in a way which minimises their ability to carry out attacks on innocent people anywhere in the world. But if you think terrorists and extremists represent anything close to a majority of the Muslim population you are seriously misguided.

I think it is time we realised that a lot of people in this country are demonising innocent people simply because they have certain personal and private religious beliefs... in other words, they are Muslims. If you are doing this, please try to realise that what you are essentially partaking in is mindless discrimination based on fear mongering and flawed ideology.

asparagus

HSC
N/A

the reason we have halal certification is because it makes our goods easier to export, since you know our northernly neighbours are the largest muslim country in the world.
that doesn't explain how items that are inherently non halal, ie honey still carry halal certification

asparagus

HSC
N/A

that doesn't explain how items that are inherently non halal, ie honey still carry halal certification

asparagus

HSC
N/A
the point is i dont want to directly subsidise someoen's religion every time i go to the supermarket.

This whole halal thing has been foisted upon us without our consent, and people are going to start boycotting the products that are halal certified.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
the point is i dont want to directly subsidise someoen's religion every time i go to the supermarket.

This whole halal thing has been foisted upon us without our consent, and people are going to start boycotting the products that are halal certified.
What about kosher label or gluten free or vegan labels. same shit.

asparagus

HSC
N/A
not every single thing in the supermarket is labelled vegan or gluten free

asparagus

HSC
N/A
Water is halal. You can get a cert if you want.
the problem is that supermarkets are demanding that everything is halal certified.

And the halal companies for example, if you dont pay for halal certification, and then decide to certify it, they charge you double to 'punish' you.

also the halal companies dont even check half the time, its widespread rorting.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
And the halal companies for example, if you dont pay for halal certification, and then decide to certify it, they charge you double to 'punish' you.
And if you don't use jew owned banks they take your children!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
lol I know some Muslim people that are like, I don't care if it's Halal or not, it doesn't matter if they say a few words to a piece of meat...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)