Whats with CHL7??? (1 Viewer)

Simon22

i don;t know about u,, but CH7 is buggered up,, i mean they put on some great shows like,,scrubs greg the bunny 3rd rock form the sun that 70's show an that 80"s show
AND FAMILY GUY,,, I MEAN ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS IF NOT GREATEST CARTOON OF ALL TIME AND THEY GOT RID OF IT!!!!!!!!
i mean who ever is in charge at ch 7 has his head half way if not all the way up his ass!!!!!!!!!!

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
I remember family guy! it was so witty and cute! my friend had a little stewie doll...

and third rock was great too- we never even got to see the last episodes before it got axed...plus i really like mis-match- whatever happened to their girl-power friday? they showed like, three episodes!

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
there was a cartoon on ages ago about a little dude and his sidekick it was called duckman it was awesome

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
channel 7 is losing ground to channel 10

dispite it hosting rubgy world cup and olympics

i guess idol, BB, neighbours were just too big

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
The Family Guy is mediocre comedy that has ended two years ago. It did have a straight-to-video movie released though.

3rd Rock From The Sun did become painful, and criminally overrated. Aside from that, it has ended a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time ago, and I doubt Channel Seven will bother to plug it. Divert your attention to The Comedy Channel for your '3rd Rock' fix if you have subscription Television.

Miss Match went on Hiatus, then got cancelled in the USA. Got bad ratings for NBC. So they couldnt really have a girl power friday with just, Johanna Grigg's and Eliza Dushku - so theyve decided to give them separate and alternate time slots.

Scrubs didnt get great ratings here either, although it does well in the USA. Im not suprised its off air right now. Dont expect it back anytime soon.

The shows im missing are on other channels - Gilmore Girls, and Its All Relative - to complete their seasons.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
channel 7 is losing ground to channel 10

dispite it hosting rubgy world cup and olympics

i guess idol, BB, neighbours were just too big

The big ratings attractions for Network Seven basically are at the moment:

Home & Away
My Wife & Kids
Dancing With The Stars
Lifestyle Shows - Ground Force, Room For Improvement.

And dont forget - the highest rating network from 7am to 10am - mainly due to Sunrise.

All those and a few more get sensational ratings.

Nobody comes CLOSE to Channel 9.

Highest Rating News. (National Nine News, National Nine Weekend News being THE highest rated show on television)
Highest Rating Australian Show. (McLeods Daughters)
Highest Rating Comedy. (Friends)
Highest Rating Drama (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - also being the WORLDS highest rating show)
Highest Rating Lifestyle Program (Backyard Blitz)
Highest Rating Channel in Sport (in exclusion of the Olympics)

Etc.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Simon22 said:
i don;t know about u,, but CH7 is buggered up,, i mean they put on some great shows like,,scrubs greg the bunny 3rd rock form the sun that 70's show an that 80"s show
AND FAMILY GUY,,, I MEAN ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS IF NOT GREATEST CARTOON OF ALL TIME AND THEY GOT RID OF IT!!!!!!!!
i mean who ever is in charge at ch 7 has his head half way if not all the way up his ass!!!!!!!!!!
Did "That '80s Show" ever air in Australia? I can't ever remember it:).

Silverstone said:
The big ratings attractions for Network Seven basically are at the moment:

Home & Away
My Wife & Kids
Dancing With The Stars
Lifestyle Shows - Ground Force, Room For Improvement.
I used to love "My Wife & Kids" but they kept changing the time slot so much that I just lost track:(. The same can be said for "8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter" but that seems to have disappeared totally recently:(.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Merethrond said:
It came, sucked, it went.

I used to love "My Wife & Kids" but they kept changing the time slot so much that I just lost track:(. The same can be said for "8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter" but that seems to have disappeared totally recently:(.
Um, :) MW&K has really always aired on Thursdays, except Channel 7 (seeing how much people LOVED it,and how many ppl watched it) had put in another time slot on Tuesday. But with the re-premiere, its gone to just once a week. I love the show, but the guy who plays Junior is one of the WORST actors on television. He is painfully bad. Today he tried to cry - dear EDIE!!!

8 Simple Rules... is gone for now.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Silverstone said:
It came, sucked, it went.
When was it on:)?

Silverstone said:
Um, :) MW&K has really always aired on Thursdays, except Channel 7 (seeing how much people LOVED it,and how many ppl watched it) had put in another time slot on Tuesday. But with the re-premiere, its gone to just once a week. I love the show, but the guy who plays Junior is one of the WORST actors on television. He is painfully bad. Today he tried to cry - dear EDIE!!!
I remember it was also on Saturday or Sunday for a period of time. So it is definitely on a Thursday night now? OK, I will be watching it from now on. I don't think the guy who plays Junior is that bad of an actor though. The worst actor on television (or from what I have seen) would probably have to go to Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan Atwood on "The O.C."):).

Silverstone said:
8 Simple Rules... is gone for now.
:(.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Silverstone said:
The Family Guy is mediocre comedy that has ended two years ago. It did have a straight-to-video movie released though.
firstly, it's just family guy. no 'the'. secondly, it is the greatest comedy series of all time. so great that two years after being cancelled it was picked up for 35 more episodes because it was so sorely missed. and lastly, the family guy movie was planned because the series had been cancelled. it has not been released, nor is it certain whether it will ever be released

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Yes, non-family guy lovers should learn to keep their opinions to themselves. The show has a cult following of mainly teenage boys who will stand up for it at all costs.
Channel 7's problem is that they promote shows that are complete shit and put the good shows on at ridiculous times and then end up taking them off air due to low ratings. For example Greg The Bunny - best show in the world and they had it on at like 11:30am during the school holidays. I mean, its not exactly a show for kids WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT ON THEN?!?! And again, Futurama - They put it on randomly at 11:30 at night once in a while. That 80's show was on during the day, it's like did anyone notice how heaps more people started watching That 70's show the second time Ch7 showed it, because they promoted it heaps. Ah well, I'm sure they'll learn soon, the same way Ch9 did with The OC.
Now that I think of it... Ch7 also had Everybody Loves Raymond first as well... I think we all know which Chanel got the promotion of that right.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Ch 7 also had friends to begin with but nine struck a deal with Warner Bros for rights to all their product so ch7 was forced to part with it.
& dont have many good deals with US studios. Their primary sources are Disney (Buena Vista, Touchstone Television), Touchstone Television, NBC Studios and 20th Century Fox.

they will be getting some good shows next yr, Seven have first rights to 'Lost' , "Arrested development' , 'Desperate Housewives' , 'Hawaii' and more.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
GemmaHavok said:
Yes, non-family guy lovers should learn to keep their opinions to themselves. The show has a cult following of mainly teenage boys who will stand up for it at all costs.
damn straight

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
damn straight
Um, No. Then Non-Gilmore Girls lovers should keep their opinions to themselves. Non-Monk lovers should keep their opinions to themselves. Non-Angels In America Lovers should keep their opinions to themselves, etc. :cool:

Aside, crazyhomo, I just mentioned a bit of knowledge that I had on the video. No need to get 'anal' on me, and start going off because I mentioned that there was a movie in plan.

And no, theres far greater comedy series than just, The Family Guy. Look, it had its moments, and was very funny. But it wasnt great.

See...

Cheers, Taxi, The Lucy Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Frasier, Friends, Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, etc.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Merethrond said:

yeah it wasnt funny and it was on during the day

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
tabularasa said:
Channel satan is the worse channel ever,. ust looka t what they did to buffy and angel.

Channel Seven is pretty awesome. I love them. Especially on Sunday morning - afternoon.

Sportsworld (season finished), Our Generation, Home Improvement, Disney TV Movie, etc.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Silverstone said:
Um, No. Then Non-Gilmore Girls lovers should keep their opinions to themselves. Non-Monk lovers should keep their opinions to themselves. Non-Angels In America Lovers should keep their opinions to themselves, etc. :cool:
actually, i was referring to the part where family guy has legions of mostly teenage boy die hard fans

tabularasa

HSC
I mean look at what they did to futurama i mean one of the greates shows and they shot it to pieces with their dodgy timing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)