Whats with CHL7??? (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Silverstone said:
Its not their fault if people arent watching. Period.
i disagree. tv stations/radio networks have proven time and time again that people will watch what they are told to watch, listen what they are forced to hear. if a quality show fails i blame them

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i'm glad channel 7 came to their senses and put the amazing race back on
but they do take alot of awsome shows off i loved family guy and futurama
and that 70's show was funny

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i disagree. tv stations/radio networks have proven time and time again that people will watch what they are told to watch, listen what they are forced to hear. if a quality show fails i blame them
Not nescessarily. Channel 7 hyped the AMAZING season 1 of 'Our Generation', and had it at a decent friday primetime slot, and it failed in ratings.

Channel 7 Plugged Scrubs like CRAZY! And it still gets bad ratings.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
well, ch 9 dropped The OC, and channel ten took it. It all went well :). I bet ch 9 are kicking themselves, but they have all those CSI shows, so I guess they'd be alright.
To be fair, Channel 9 advertised it really highly. And it only lasted 3 episodes. After the second aired, they plugged it like crazy in magazines, and tv ads. Still didnt work, and they had no choice, but to axe it.

BTW - Channel 9 rates light years higher than Channel 10 in any competition. And hello, what does Channel 9 have airing against, THE OC? None other than the highest rating program on Australian Television - CSI Crime Scene Investigation.

Thomas_wow

apart from angel and x-files (both not on anymore tho) there are no channel 7 shows i have interest in.

i like their advertising tho, every show they have is the greatest ever and its axed 2 weeks later. i think their main problem is they have trouble making "stars" from nothing, such as footy show boys (nine) and aust idol fools (ten). tho they did poach and destroy one of the funniest shows ever (the FAT)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
PookieMonster said:
has noone seen the cartoon duckman?
duckman was highlarious. jason alexander voiced him perfectly. man...haven't seen that show in ages

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Silverstone said:
Not nescessarily. Channel 7 hyped the AMAZING season 1 of 'Our Generation', and had it at a decent friday primetime slot, and it failed in ratings.

Channel 7 Plugged Scrubs like CRAZY! And it still gets bad ratings.
i don't remember seeing a single ad for our generation

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
crazyhomo said:
duckman was highlarious. jason alexander voiced him perfectly. man...haven't seen that show in ages
i miss him
do they have dvds?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
channel 7 is crap, they get he crap shows and any that are good they take off

our generation was great, where did it go?
i don't know if fri is a good timeslot, people go out. wed would be currently good. then they started putting it on at random time i think

freaks and geeks was great as well, i don't know what channel it was on, but it went to random timeslots

Last edited:

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
iambored said:
channel 7 is crap, they get he crap shows and any that are good they take off

our generation was great, where did it go?
i don't know if fri is a good timeslot, people go out. wed would be currently good. then they started putting it on at random time i think

freaks and geeks was great as well, i don't know what channel it was on, but it went to random timeslots

Our Generation went to a more comfortable Sunday afternoon timeslot that suits it better. It didnt find an audience in Australia. And yes, I still remember the ads for it, plenty of them.

Freaks and Geeks ended ages and ages ago, and Nine played the entire short season in a normal time slot, and then repeated the season off normal viewing time. James Franco & Linda Cardellini were awesome.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I loathe channel seven. I don't really know why, but it looks as if some year 10 multimedia class filmed its advertisements, and the kids used their leftover pocket money to buy television shows.

..I do love Family Guy, however.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
routemarker said:
Ch 7 also had friends to begin with but nine struck a deal with Warner Bros for rights to all their product so ch7 was forced to part with it.
& dont have many good deals with US studios. Their primary sources are Disney (Buena Vista, Touchstone Television), Touchstone Television, NBC Studios and 20th Century Fox.

they will be getting some good shows next yr, Seven have first rights to 'Lost' , "Arrested development' , 'Desperate Housewives' , 'Hawaii' and more.
Hawaii was just announced today, as being cancelled.

ryaneco

HSC
My wife and kids was originally only to be aired over the summer period where they show tv programs that is believed to not attract a great number of viewers, but suprisingly people loved it and was placed in primetime during ratings season.

Lost is going to be so promising, the previews i've seen over the web look amazing and it by JJ Abrams, the guy that brought us Alias one of the best spy series ever made, hopefully channel 7 will realise fans of Alias will want to be watching Lost as well so maybe they will give us a double feature on a tuesday night 8.30 Lost then 9.30 Alias or vice versa, that would be 2 hours of solid tv.

Channel 7 is performing extremely poorly lately Ch 9 is winning in the stakes taking 35.6% of broadcast free to air tv ratings, channel 10 is on 29.5% channel 7 is way behind the two leading channels on 21.7%, ABC - 7.3% and SBS - 5.9% ABC and SBS aren't usually considered "contendors" because their programming only appeals to a minority of the population.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
ryaneco said:
My wife and kids was originally only to be aired over the summer period where they show tv programs that is believed to not attract a great number of viewers, but suprisingly people loved it and was placed in primetime during ratings season.

Lost is going to be so promising, the previews i've seen over the web look amazing and it by JJ Abrams, the guy that brought us Alias one of the best spy series ever made, hopefully channel 7 will realise fans of Alias will want to be watching Lost as well so maybe they will give us a double feature on a tuesday night 8.30 Lost then 9.30 Alias or vice versa, that would be 2 hours of solid tv.

Channel 7 is performing extremely poorly lately Ch 9 is winning in the stakes taking 35.6% of broadcast free to air tv ratings, channel 10 is on 29.5% channel 7 is way behind the two leading channels on 21.7%, ABC - 7.3% and SBS - 5.9% ABC and SBS aren't usually considered "contendors" because their programming only appeals to a minority of the population.

:uhhuh: What He Said!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)