What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
Im 20 and work at Woolies as a nightfiller, $16.2/hour casual, im still in the 3 month probationary period. But my manager said he will move me on to permanent part time in the next couple of days.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Scanorama said:
Im 20 and work at Woolies as a nightfiller, $16.2/hour casual, im still in the 3 month probationary period. But my manager said he will move me on to permanent part time in the next couple of days.
That's not a good thing mate. The managers are eager to quickly move competent workers from Casual to Part-time contracts since you'll get paid less. Factor in the IR legislation, you may find yourself offered a contract slightly stripped of it's usual part-time benefits too. I'm considering getting a part-time nightfill job at Woolies too, but you can bet on my life that I'll be resisting when the managers try to push me from Casual into Part-time. One reason why I'd work there nightfilling in the first place is due to the great rate Casuals get.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
finally got two jobs a few weeks back. one pays really crap, 30 bucks per shift at an indian restaurant. the other one pays alrite, like 10 or 11 bucks an hour, a salad bar in pitt street mall, townhall.

Scanorama

HSC
JKDDragon said:
That's not a good thing mate. The managers are eager to quickly move competent workers from Casual to Part-time contracts since you'll get paid less. Factor in the IR legislation, you may find yourself offered a contract slightly stripped of it's usual part-time benefits too. I'm considering getting a part-time nightfill job at Woolies too, but you can bet on my life that I'll be resisting when the managers try to push me from Casual into Part-time. One reason why I'd work there nightfilling in the first place is due to the great rate Casuals get.
Uni is starting soon, and I can't work as much as I have now. With the exception of the new people (myself included), everyone in the nightfill are either part time or full time. Part time is more secure than casual too, with casual, my shift can drop down to 0 hour, but with part time, at least they have to give me some shifts. My managers didn't push me to part time, they asked if I want it, and I said yeah sure why not. Last year when I was a Christmas casual at shitty Kmart, my shift was dropped down to 0 after 6 weeks I worked there.

black_raven777

HSC
Job: Cd Salesperson for Virgin Records (Sounds pretty good!)
Pay: $10.6355/hr - wish it was more - but public holidays are awesome! 2 1/2 times!

jubs_

HSC
gna said:
Changed my job to full time. I now earn $35,800 a year. National Australia Bank - DFS Plenty of benefits like free onsite gym and pool, no internet rates, bank fees, novated car lease, the whole lot. Exclusive Commonwealth games merchandise. Cheaper airline tickets, cheaper price on cars, tickets to concerts before released to the public and many many more. :D

how the hell did u score that one?! you're working fulltime so you're not going to uni or anything? WoW! the benefits are great although the pay could be better!

Tuna

HSC
N/A
sikeveo said:
she? :p Nah anything related to a future role in the company is what they will pay for. I.e. law/commerce/science they will pay for.

Nah rnitya, i dont even have my Ls :p
This is the first thing I've heard. Are you a trainee or apprentice?

Tuna

HSC
N/A
jubs_ said:
how the hell did u score that one?! you're working fulltime so you're not going to uni or anything? WoW! the benefits are great although the pay could be better!
Ditto. If you don't have money, how can you get discounts?

dishi

HSC
does anyone know how i can get a work experience in the teaching field...probably during ma unu breaks...casual wud do...i cant think of anything other den working as a child care :)worker as im planning on becoming a primary school teacher! :)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Oporto (mmm chicken), 17, $9.30/hr, shift lengths are very flexible can be from 4 hours to whatever and you can take double shifts a day (even triple), only started in january due to boredom of no schoolness.

L

LaraB

dishi said:
does anyone know how i can get a work experience in the teaching field...probably during ma unu breaks...casual wud do...i cant think of anything other den working as a child care :)worker as im planning on becoming a primary school teacher! :)
if you mean in schools - that's going to be hard or impossble to set up...

my mum's a teacher and i know that they only accept work experience stuff if it's through a school coz of duty of care and insurance and just plain annoyance of having to have another person around:p... i know public system is like that,,

private may be different since they seem to do what they want but you are still probably going to find it hard to get it... especially if you're after paid because that's just not going to happen..

you will find it hard as the teaching degree is designed to include a large amount of prac work in it so they don't really provide means to do stuff like you suggest it would seem

G

Gavvvvvin

AntiHyper said:
Oporto (mmm chicken), 17, $9.30/hr, shift lengths are very flexible can be from 4 hours to whatever and you can take double shifts a day (even triple), only started in january due to boredom of no schoolness.
how can you do a tripple shift? :confused:

kalli

HSC
Just started a new job...

Tester - Australia Post
Age 20: $28 911
Age 21: $31 638

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
wtf is a 'tester' for Aussie post? Do you like, send fake letters to test if they get through?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)