When is O-week (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
you should put these sorts of questions in the forum for the uni you'll be going to, cause it varies a bit from uni to uni. o-week happens in the week before lectures start (at my uni, usyd, it's 24-26 february this year) and is basically a chance for first years to get to know the facilities and buildings, sign up for clubs and societies, collect free stuff, attend faculty welcomes and generally get prepared for uni to start.

Andi0390

HSC
The most important part of O-Week is collecting free stuff, and spending your money on stupid clubs.

Also, if you like sausages there should be free ones of them too.

When I went to CIT (Canberra's TAFE) every Thursday was free cup noodle night. That was kind of cool, but now that I think about it a bit strange.

Anyway when you receive offers you should get this new student booklet or pamphlet or something with all these dates and things to do and orientation programs. You shouldn't stress about these things yet.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you don't sign up for some clubs and societies during O-Week, is it still possible to sign up during the year? Or does this vary from uni to uni, and from club to club?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't sign up for some clubs and societies during O-Week, is it still possible to sign up during the year? Or does this vary from uni to uni, and from club to club?
I'd be certain that some clubs wouldn't mind about late sign-ups... after all, they all want a lot of members.

laila2010

HSC

You can sign up at any time throughout the year however some societies can be a little hard to get in contact with so it is best to sign up in O week so I have been told...

Andi0390

HSC
You can sign up whenever - they want your money.

Honestly though, 90% of the clubs you sign up for you'll never go to. Some of them are just weird.

ajay098

HSC
just a Q of curiosity, any interesting or weird societies or clubs?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
and what is it?
UoW O-week is 23-25 Feb. At Wollongong it's pretty much some stalls for clubs and societies, a fair bit of Unibar entertainment, and a good chance to just sort of wander around the uni, if you haven't done so already/you're nearby.

More details at:
Oweek @ Unicentre

Andi0390

HSC
just a Q of curiosity, any interesting or weird societies or clubs?
I think every uni has a medieval reinactment club. There are also those role playing ones where you play games where you have super powers and have to whisper to other players so the others don't find out what your powers are. My friend went to one once.

I always wondered what the Classics people did. Anyone here in Classics? What do you do in meetings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)