when receiving reputation.....? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellie

HSC
when you receive a reputation from someone.....you get a green square from the thread it came from/and from who it was....what does that mean....and what does it mean if the square is grey and not green???????????

confuse :S

thanks

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
green means +ive rep

gray mean - neutral rep (ie they 'rep' you but no actual rep is given)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
grey squares don't (well not to my knowledge) count to your rep points. Reputation an indication of how valid your posts are. For instance if you post something that really assists someone they rep you in return for your assistance. Once you get over 100 reputation points you'll get another box added to the green one you have currently. Like me, I have 3, which means I have over 200 reputation boxes.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Negative reps:

Minai said:
Dear Bored of Studies Members,

The administrations have recently given all moderators the ability to give negative reputation to members that "substantially and/or consistantly" break the rules of this forum. Examples of such behaviour include: consistant "rep begging", highly offensive posts (both substance and consistancy) and flaming other members.

The system will operate in a way that when a member is given negative reputation, the punishment is the deduction of reputation points quadruple the amount that the moderator has the ability to give. For example, Minai's reputation power is at 16, therefore he gives out 16 points with every approval and 64 with every disapproval.

If anyone has any concerns or complaints about this new system, PM a moderator or an administrator.

Thanks,

Minai

Super Moderator

sunny

meh.
HSC
Use this link/image freely (as per Jago's suggestion)
[thread=45484]
[/thread]

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
There should be a little popup immediately after making a thread here that asks:

"have you looked for the answer to this question in the FAQ and searched thoroughly?
yes [ ]
no [ ]"

and if they still ask a question that has already been covered, ban them for a while.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
first light green box is your 5th box + 100 to get the 6th, but all subsequent light green boxes need 200 rep points to get, they also give out 2 rep points per light green box.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
nick1048 said:
I have 3, which means I have over 200 reputation boxes.
we all wish that don't we? :p

grey, boxes. if that user finally has the repping power, does that box turn green, or will it remain the same? i get so many of the boxes?!

and sunny, leave it for someone else to post up?! its not fair, i wanted to do that!! :D

sladehk

le random
HSC
I don't think it does turn green. I think the grey boxes stay that way because the users have not reached the requirements for repping others

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Cellie said:
what about negative rep? what happens and how do you know that you got one?
In the User CP, the box will be red for a negative rep, instead of green or grey.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
wrong_turn said:
grey, boxes. if that user finally has the repping power, does that box turn green, or will it remain the same? i get so many of the boxes?!
No reputation donations are retroactive.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
first light green box is your 5th box + 100 to get the 6th, but all subsequent light green boxes need 200 rep points to get, they also give out 2 rep points per light green box.
'sif steal info off me!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
sif 1200+ rep points breaking
lol i counted the boxes ;)
Nah i believe he has over 1000 cause hes got more than Waf, and he has 1000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)