• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

when to meet ure gf's parents? (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
hahaha it's funny though.. eh :)

my mum always tried to have d'n'ms with me in the car about my sis and her bf.. "are they REALLY going out? is he REALLY her boyfriend? is he really her bf after they've only gone out x months? that's a bit weird isnt it?".. classic.

my ex's parents wanted me to call them aunt/uncle (after we were together a few months) but that was just weiiird so i just said .. hi.. there.. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why bother being in a relationship if you're ashamed of it?

That defeats the whole purpose of it.

J

jhakka

AsyLum said:
Why bother being in a relationship if you're ashamed of it?

That defeats the whole purpose of it.
Damn straight. I don't like the idea of hiding stuff like that from parents. It's immature.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
how r ur grades?
what do u plan to do in the future?
how r u going to earn enuff to keep my daughter comfortable for the rest of her life?
i heard ur results don't compare with my daughters?
how much do u think ull earn by 30?
I almost failed a uni subject cos i forgot to turn up to most lessons and tests, spent too much time at the bar, and all in all didnt study.

My plans for the future involve banging your little girl every friday night.

Earn? Work? Haha, no im leeching off her.

Yeah, shes a smart one, i get her to do my work for me.

Hmm, how much will the dole give at that age?

Use them and you're a shoe in!

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
lol asylum...if my bf said that to my parents they'd just piss themselves laughing.

anti = lol. i remeber when i was about 12 i said one of my friends had a boyfriend in front of my mum, aunt and nan and they spent 10 mins discussing how could they call it a "boyfriend" when she would have plenty of boy friends. and they should be called a partner etc etc.....but mum calls my 'partner' my boyfriend so she must of changed her tune.
aunt and uncle? i call mat's grandma 'nan', his pop 'harold' (thats his name) and his mum and dad by there first names....aunty and uncle...that is so weird

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Shush asylum *sweeps mike back under the carpet* ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, id be so willing to do that, except the 'banging your daughter every friday night' i reckon if they were asian id get killed, otherwise id get a free beer :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
related issue: i remember when i went to my friend's house for the day, and he had a family friend from Shanghai and her mother staying over...

so anyway, the Shang mum strikes up convo with me... within 5 mins she had asked:

so what do your parents do?
what's the real estate in Sydney like? followed by... so where do you live?... do you have any investment property?
what are you studying?
oh so what do you plan to be in the future?

basically in front of older ppl (parents or otherwise) the best trick is to play dumb and modest.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Aww, but i like discussing shit like that with older people. I had a mad ass convo about the state of social unrest and ethics and morality within modern day society with my friends parents, while the rest got drunk haha.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
My parents only ask in the context of 'are they a serial killer and will they rape my child'

That's why I haven't introduced Asylum to them yet :p

I get those questions from friends parents (new friends) sometimes.. I also get those questions from aunties and uncles from a land far far away.. its kind of offputting. I'm so tempted to say "pig farmer"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
anti said:
My parents only ask in the context of 'are they a serial killer and will they rape my child'

That's why I haven't introduced Asylum to them yet :p

I get those questions from friends parents (new friends) sometimes.. I also get those questions from aunties and uncles from a land far far away.. its kind of offputting. I'm so tempted to say "pig farmer"
oh geez, sexual predator and malicious danger to society sounds so much more formal :(

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
santaslayer said:
ehm, most asian parents are quite nice when it comes to meeting the boyfriend but u'll always get the ones who are constantly on ur case, asking questions which have no immediate and direct impact on ur relationship with their wittle gurl...

like:

how r ur grades?
what do u plan to do in the future?
how r u going to earn enuff to keep my daughter comfortable for the rest of her life?
i heard ur results don't compare with my daughters?
how much do u think ull earn by 30?

LoLz..:p

but when it comes to the girl meeting the guy's parents...then its easy, all girls get it easy from the guy's parents...so lucky...:p
so true.. and those questions generally, build up an impression in their minds ne way.. they r quite sly asian parents.. well. i swear, i know thats what mine do that.. they ask all these irrelevant questions! but in the end they use it to their advantage.. in the end of their "assessment" of the guy they'll either say oh i dont think hes good for you and use it against you.. or in the unlikely extremely lucky outcome. be happy for you cuz the guy seems to be alright.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just tell them that hes a drug dealer who has a life planned out, every 6 months he'll be dealing the other 6 he'll be in jail.

choc-chip

HSC
Frigid said:

so anyway, the Shang mum strikes up convo with me... within 5 mins she had asked:

so what do your parents do?
what's the real estate in Sydney like? followed by... so where do you live?... do you have any investment property?
what are you studying?
oh so what do you plan to be in the future?

She'z a typical snob shang ..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
What my girlfriend does with her parents (her's are typical strict asian ones), she drops hints regularly...she always mentions how she spent the day with me, I did such and such nice things for her, bought her such and such etc, so it'd regularly remind them of me, so by the time we can safely tell them, they would know about me already and I would've (to an extent) gained their trust. (Her mum already thinks im a nice boy, and sometimes tells her to stop taking advantage of me =/)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
choc-chip said:
She'z a typical snob shang ..
i should've said something like: oh my parents are billionaires, they don't have to do anything. dad just cruises around in his 500-foot yacht and mum goes shopping in Paris. the real estate in Sydney is good, especially since my parents bought half the Sydney foreshore... i live in a castle next to the Opera House. I'm studying full-fee Commerce Law at USYD. in the future I plan to drown your daughter in bling ;)

i wish :rolleyes:

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
Frigid said:
i should've said something like: oh my parents are billionaires, they don't have to do anything. dad just cruises around in his 500-foot yacht and mum goes shopping in Paris. the real estate in Sydney is good, especially since my parents bought half the Sydney foreshore... i live in a castle next to the Opera House. I'm studying full-fee Commerce Law at USYD. in the future I plan to drown your daughter in bling ;)

i wish :rolleyes:
i think thatd make them suck up to you lolz
:p

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Minai said:
What my girlfriend does with her parents (her's are typical strict asian ones), she drops hints regularly...she always mentions how she spent the day with me, I did such and such nice things for her, bought her such and such etc, so it'd regularly remind them of me, so by the time we can safely tell them, they would know about me already and I would've (to an extent) gained their trust. (Her mum already thinks im a nice boy, and sometimes tells her to stop taking advantage of me =/)
Thats actually a pretty good idea... I'm gunna do that...
Hopefully it'll lessen the intensity of the interrogation process :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)