When would you start tutoring? (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yep, definitely agree with what's been said. Tutoring is really not essential if you grasped most of the concepts at school. IMO, tutoring is only for those people (like me) who ceebs be studying and need another motivator to get them to work. When you're paying up to and even over $5000 for a year of tutoring, i found that to greatly encourage me to really give the HSC a go. (illogical maybe but it did motivate me throughout the year)
tutoring is a really expensive motivator tho lol, but it is quite true as well!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
^ Sorry that was a rant.

In relation to the post- Can anyone suggest a good tutor for maths/english? :p
maths - truong, project, some of my mates like matrix, private (you can probably browse the BoS threads)
english - delta

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Some people although they know their stuff, they still want tutoring to push themselves to become the best. I.e. Coming first in a low ranked school isn't good enough for them, and they want tutoring to push them to achieving 95+ in the subject or even a state rank.

smashgh

HSC
Oh btw, the best place i found for motivating me was:

http://prior.edu.au/

but only for maths. These Rob Prior and these guys have the best maths system for any level. For English i just paid for online marking from previous years state rankers (go head-hunt them when the post on BoS/I can recommend you one if you pm me ;) )

Audranda

HSC
Tutoring isn't essential - it's aimed for students that happen to lag/struggle behind academically, however some who are capable use tuition as means of improvement and motivation (e.g. acceleration). There are other options aside from visiting a tutor, such as learning the content yourself. Tutoring pretty much requires effort from both the tutor and the student.

From what I've heard and experienced, here are some good maths tutors: Truongs (Ngo & Sons), Peak, North Shore

I'm not necessarily sure about English however; you can always have a skilled ex-English student, teacher or private tutor to review over your essays, creatives, etc.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
tutoring is for catching up, or for working beyond. Either way, if you passionately use it to the best of your ability it will pay off in improvement.

amandachung

HSC
Matrix is pretty great for the sciences (my friend improved heaps in Physics after going Matrix).
I would recommend Matrix for sciences as well :) Definitely helped me! English tutoring I would recommend a private tutor, and sometimes even for Maths a private tutor is better.

Erinaceous

HSC
Tutoring isn't essential - it's aimed for students that happen to lag/struggle behind academically, however some who are capable use tuition as means of improvement and motivation (e.g. acceleration). There are other options aside from visiting a tutor, such as learning the content yourself. Tutoring pretty much requires effort from both the tutor and the student.

From what I've heard and experienced, here are some good maths tutors: Truongs (Ngo & Sons), Peak, North Shore

I'm not necessarily sure about English however; you can always have a skilled ex-English student, teacher or private tutor to review over your essays, creatives, etc.
North shore? Really? o3o I heard that selective school tutoring and OC tutoring was what they excelled in..? xD

Audranda

HSC
North shore? Really? o3o I heard that selective school tutoring and OC tutoring was what they excelled in..? xD
I've never been to North Shore, however one of the top maths students in my class attends North Shore tutoring in Cabramatta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)