Where are you up2? (2 Viewers)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Dumsum said:
Alright guys, now the holidays are upon us, it's time for a bit of a thread bump. :p

After one term, our 4U class has completed, entirely, 3 topics.

- Complex Numbers
- Polynomials
- Graphs

The thing is though, today we decided to come to school and have a day of pure 4U maths. Today, we completed in its entirety, the topic on graphs. Rather easy IMO. But yeah. 3/8 the way through in only one term :)
Damn...do you go to a public school??

We didn't start 4U until the end of Wk3 (coz we had our HSC exams in 2U and 3U) + we finished the term about 3 weeks before public schools.
I guess there's no excuse for not doing it on my own though...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've finished Complex Numbers and Polynomials. Starting on Graphs.

Nice job, Dumsum.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
Done

Complex Numbers
Half of Conics (plus Implicit Differentiation (easy!))

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
currysauce said:
Done

Complex Numbers
Half of Conics (plus Implicit Differentiation (easy!))
Which one is easy? The conics or the implicit differentiation. For the latter I agree, but conics look crap!

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Which one is easy? The conics or the implicit differentiation. For the latter I agree, but conics look crap!

implicit differentiation is the easiest thing on the sylllabus.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
seeing as though i started this thread, i will take this oportunity to say that my skool is fuked,

as of the new year break, both classes of 4unit are onli still on complex nos, and havent even finished all of regions. this is the same school which due to bitching of students following the first 3unit assessment task has said that it was '2 hard' and will be completely redone, now thats just fuked!!

and all of this is at a 'selective school'

thats my bitch 4 the day

-dawso

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
We have seven (or rather six cause one is pissing off to Grammar this year) in 4U class and we supposedly finished Complex No, but the way our teacher left us stranded at the end of last year... that guy left at the end of last year and didn't really teach the way I would've liked. Maybe, I might put that thing under disrupted schooling thing in Access form-Disruption of staffing in 4U class in the middle of HSC course. How does that sound?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
seeing as though i started this thread, i will take this oportunity to say that my skool is fuked,

as of the new year break, both classes of 4unit are onli still on complex nos, and havent even finished all of regions. this is the same school which due to bitching of students following the first 3unit assessment task has said that it was '2 hard' and will be completely redone, now thats just fuked!!

and all of this is at a 'selective school'

thats my bitch 4 the day

-dawso
Re-doing an HSC assessments? That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Imo, who cares...if nobody did well, then it's even - after all, assessment marks are moderated in the end.

dawso

HSC
smith's hill, a second class selective school i know but yeah, everyone has 2 redo 3unit ass task, from now on but, i say we just bitch if we dont like an assessment task, really, they hav 2 re do it otherwise we can complain about this test bein redone....

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
smith's hill, a second class selective school i know but yeah, everyone has 2 redo 3unit ass task, from now on but, i say we just bitch if we dont like an assessment task, really, they hav 2 re do it otherwise we can complain about this test bein redone....
Obviously the students and the teachers haven't been informed of the moderating process...

dawso

HSC
lol, we know that and they even scale the marks but because kids said theyd drop 3uint, they just decided 2 redo it...

m_isk

HSC
N/A
hey we must be going real fast...finsihed comples and graphs in term 1

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
m_isk said:
hey we must be going real fast...finsihed comples and graphs in term 1
Most schools finish 2 topics per term until the trials, and maybe 1 more after the trials (if not, maybe 2.5 topics/term) e.g. my class did complex numbers and polynomials - some do Int/Graphs, others CN/Graphs, but generally 2 of the first four topics.

CrashOveride

HSC
Dawso, arnt u class of 2004?
I'm sure i saw you posting questions here last year :)

Or you accelereated in 4u and redoing it ?

Captain pi

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Obviously the students and the teachers haven't been informed of the moderating process...
No, they are aware. I don't know whether this is the case for all schools, but my handbook states that:

"Should any task fail to discriminate between students, the School reserves the right to omit that task from the assessment process or add additional tasks. Such a situation may occur if task results are of a uniformly high or low standard."

dawso

HSC
CrashOveride said:
Dawso, arnt u class of 2004?
I'm sure i saw you posting questions here last year :)

Or you accelereated in 4u and redoing it ?

got it in one m8... i just start redoing it and then c how im goin, and with how slow we are goin, come hsc time, the class wont hav even finished and i will hav done it twice....hopefully its a gud plan

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
got it in one m8... i just start redoing it and then c how im goin, and with how slow we are goin, come hsc time, the class wont hav even finished and i will hav done it twice....hopefully its a gud plan
Arr you repeating Ext 1 as well or only Ext 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)