Where do HSC examiners come from (1 Viewer)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Supervisors are not necessarily ex-teachers. The supervisors at may school over the last 20+ years have never been teachers but have been local people who are interested in helping out at the school - often parents of ex-students or even grandparents.

Examiners - those who set the exams - usually current teachers who have experience in teaching the subject but in the year/s that they are writing the paper they can't teach that course. The exam committees for the 2015 HSC have already had their first meeting I believe from something I heard from a colleague in the holidays.

Markers - current or very recent teachers of the subject. Should have at least a couple of years experience in teaching the subject although there can be exceptions (e.g. I started marking the first year I taught Year 12 and have marked every year since - until this year when I was 'rolled' due to over 20 years marking experience so am going to enjoy my first November to myself in over 20 years)

Judges - small group of markers who form the committee to do the aligning of the subjects to the bands.
Congratulations =)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
apparently to be a marker for hsc english, one must be currently teaching at a selective school.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Futuremedstudent I have no idea what your teachers at matrix tell you and this is the 5th time you've said something completely false which originated from them.

Please do check the validity of what they tell you before you mention that these things are "apparent". Some of the things you have mentioned are nowhere near apparent and are blatantly obvious to the educated students how false they are. However, when posting things like this take into consideration the students who may actually take what you said as the truth.

I'm not hating. Just check yo self before you rek yo self.

mreditor16

HSC
Futuremedstudent I have no idea what your teachers at matrix tell you and this is the 5th time you've said something completely false which originated from them.

Please do check the validity of what they tell you before you mention that these things are "apparent". Some of the things you have mentioned are nowhere near apparent and are blatantly obvious to the educated students how false they are. However, when posting things like this take into consideration the students who may actually take what you said as the truth.

I'm not hating. Just check yo self before you rek yo self.
this.

+1

mreditor16

HSC
no guys you have it all wrong!!!!! futuremedstudent is right and all of you aren't.

To be a hsc marker for English, it is VITAL that you complete at least 10 years at a selective school as a teacher, plus 5 years at a private school and 2 years minimum teaching at university level for English (after your pHD)

Failure to do any of those will mean that you will most likely be rejected if you apply. I know because my English teacher said so and she hasn't taught at a private school :/

So guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE research before you appraise/criticise other people's well-informed comments...
your faked seriousness actually nearly fooled me

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
no guys you have it all wrong!!!!! futuremedstudent is right and all of you aren't.

To be a hsc marker for English, it is VITAL that you complete at least 10 years at a selective school as a teacher, plus 5 years at a private school and 2 years minimum teaching at university level for English (after your pHD)

Failure to do any of those will mean that you will most likely be rejected if you apply. I know because my English teacher said so and she hasn't taught at a private school :/

So guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE research before you appraise/criticise other people's well-informed comments...
the sarcasm/10

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I hope you got the reference I was making... :p

Matrix marketing (luring strategy) -----> Our teachers have PHD's that's why you should come.
Yeah I know haha.

But, but, FMS said MIF was bad...not exactly well-informed =P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)