Where do you Work? (Employment Advice Line) (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
Re: Employment Advice Line

Is it a bad idea to have more than one job?

Last edited:

schance

HSC
N/A

Would really appreciate any advice for the following please:

I need some advice on what i can do within the woolworths company regaurding my options. For starters ive worked at woolworths almost 4 years permanent part time at the same queensland store. My most recent Groceries manager wont give me any more hours due to 'budget' and as hes really the kind to not make decisions and blames it on the store manager.

Now i need to know what my options are;
1) I changed my 16 hour roster to one thats 7.5 hours for a short time as i had other commitments, now he wont give me anymore hours/shifts than that. I have read in an agreement somewhere (and others telling me) that as a permenant part timer i HAVE to work 10 or more hours MINIMUM . Was wondering if i forefit the woolworths agreement of x hours/a month or week because i signed a new mutual agreement from now on and cant go back on it? Also no other departments in that store can take me on for more hours..

2) During Christmas both the store manager and my dept. manager went through and cutback on a lot of peoples hours. As i now am only working one shift a week (7.5hours) i got a phonecall 3 days out from my rostered shift on sunday by my dept manager saying he'd have to cut my shift that week and another random rostered shift i had that week.. I was pretty anoyed at him as he gave me the impression he had no choice and it was the store managers decision yet i know he gets a bonus if they are under budget around xmas.. 2mins later he rings back on his highhorse saying 'he had gone through the files... i had accrude holiday leave would i want to take some of that?' hesitantly i accepted and he said next shift i could sign the paperwork. Next shift i came in the pay office person said 'they couldnt take my only shift and if i didnt want to take the time off i didnt have too as i was p p-t. 'And that she didnt have the paperwork for me to sign/ didnt know about them doing that to me, yet i still got paid hmmm...

Do i have a case to speak to Human Resources/ Head Office / The SDA union about whats going on in my store, or/and to speed the process up, am i being treated fairly? Also I have put in for a transfer 3 months ago and havent heard anything from anyone,not even my store or mangers,,, they have a really back record of just tearing them up im told and coercing staff to stay or just saying on there own back 'other stores cant take you,' etc. I put in another transfer request 2 weeks ago to the pay office and a note to my manager in the diary and havent heard anything. I Have also applied for a vacancy at BWS which i would prefer over woolworths but im guessing id have to wait for the online advertisement to close before i hear anything..

If i did speak to my managers they would be very hesitant to help me, this i am sure. Can i find help elsewhere? My initial step was to ask on this forum..

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

schance said:
Would really appreciate any advice for the following please:

I need some advice on what i can do within the woolworths company regaurding my options. For starters ive worked at woolworths almost 4 years permanent part time at the same queensland store. My most recent Groceries manager wont give me any more hours due to 'budget' and as hes really the kind to not make decisions and blames it on the store manager.

Now i need to know what my options are;
1) I changed my 16 hour roster to one thats 7.5 hours for a short time as i had other commitments, now he wont give me anymore hours/shifts than that. I have read in an agreement somewhere (and others telling me) that as a permenant part timer i HAVE to work 10 or more hours MINIMUM . Was wondering if i forefit the woolworths agreement of x hours/a month or week because i signed a new mutual agreement from now on and cant go back on it? Also no other departments in that store can take me on for more hours..

2) During Christmas both the store manager and my dept. manager went through and cutback on a lot of peoples hours. As i now am only working one shift a week (7.5hours) i got a phonecall 3 days out from my rostered shift on sunday by my dept manager saying he'd have to cut my shift that week and another random rostered shift i had that week.. I was pretty anoyed at him as he gave me the impression he had no choice and it was the store managers decision yet i know he gets a bonus if they are under budget around xmas.. 2mins later he rings back on his highhorse saying 'he had gone through the files... i had accrude holiday leave would i want to take some of that?' hesitantly i accepted and he said next shift i could sign the paperwork. Next shift i came in the pay office person said 'they couldnt take my only shift and if i didnt want to take the time off i didnt have too as i was p p-t. 'And that she didnt have the paperwork for me to sign/ didnt know about them doing that to me, yet i still got paid hmmm...

Do i have a case to speak to Human Resources/ Head Office / The SDA union about whats going on in my store, or/and to speed the process up, am i being treated fairly? Also I have put in for a transfer 3 months ago and havent heard anything from anyone,not even my store or mangers,,, they have a really back record of just tearing them up im told and coercing staff to stay or just saying on there own back 'other stores cant take you,' etc. I put in another transfer request 2 weeks ago to the pay office and a note to my manager in the diary and havent heard anything. I Have also applied for a vacancy at BWS which i would prefer over woolworths but im guessing id have to wait for the online advertisement to close before i hear anything..

If i did speak to my managers they would be very hesitant to help me, this i am sure. Can i find help elsewhere? My initial step was to ask on this forum..

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks :)
There are a lot of experienced Woolies people in the Woolworths Thread in this forum who could help you, try asking there if you haven't already.

IMO it all sounds a bit dodgy, but I have no idea how woolies works except that it sounds like miles of red tape and more hassle than is worth bothering with, lol.

aimhigh10

HSC

i work at hungry jackssss

haylz234

HSC

i worked at both supanews and newspower newsagencies for the past three years.

both are franchises, but operate pretty differently

more than happy to reply to pm's that are newsagency based, or specific questions about applying, payrates and ALL the stuff they don't tell you when you start.

beve

Jesus
HSC

i work at a chinese resturaunt. and no, i am not of asian descent.

=)

Staseycat

The last of her kind.
HSC
Sandwich stack :) Didn't even get an interview. Just handed in the resume and was told that I'm going to have a trial the next day (start of february)

Sayf Udeen

HSC
Re: Part Time Job Help

I have put in 20+ resumes/applications and have not receieved one callback/interview yet. I do have an itnerview (first) at a fruit shop tomorrow though.
I know this is old. But did you get the job?
I've been working in a fruit shop (6.00 starts) since last December. Not fun. :(

poppy0430

HSC
i thought maccas was pretty bad but it actually turned out well =] the managers are nice and amazingly they're all really tight xD im a newbie and all my co-workers are nice too

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I got a job at my local club (Marconi, for those of you playing at home).

It's good work while I'm at uni, although I do miss having friday and saturday nights off.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I got a job at my local club (Marconi, for those of you playing at home).

It's good work while I'm at uni, although I do miss having friday and saturday nights off.
I will be there on saturday night

am being dragged to someone's 21st who I do not know

Is it a nice place?

dotdot*love

HSC
ive recently got accepted at gloria jeans strathfield, starting my training next mon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)