Where not to go (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
That smart traveller website is way over the top. According to it everywhere is dangerous.

I would not go to:
1. North Korea
2. Any Muslim Country

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
That smart traveller website is way over the top. According to it everywhere is dangerous.

I would not go to:
1. North Korea
2. Any Muslim Country
Same here.

I would never think of going to:
  1. Any dictator-dominated country (e.g.North Korea, Burma & Cuba)
  2. Several Muslim countries (except Indonesia, Egypt & etc.)

D

dillay

iamsickofyear12 said:

I would not go to:
1. North Korea
2. Any Muslim Country
oh so any "Muslim" country isnt safe eh? well i guess Australia should be thrown in there too dont u think? last time i check it was swarming[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]with them. if you dont see the effects yet, give it a few more years....

iamsickofyear12

HSC
dillay said:
oh so any "Muslim" country isnt safe eh? well i guess Australia should be thrown in there too dont u think? last time i check it was swarming[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]with them. if you dont see the effects yet, give it a few more years....
I don't mean countries with Muslims in them. I mean countries that have laws that are based on Islam.

I'm sure some of them are generally safe, but I have heard enough bad stories (even about the ones you would normally consider friendly to travellers) that I am not willing to take the risk with any of them.

Trajan

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't mean countries with Muslims in them. I mean countries that have laws that are based on Islam.

I'm sure some of them are generally safe, but I have heard enough bad stories (even about the ones you would normally consider friendly to travellers) that I am not willing to take the risk with any of them.
Seriously though....have you ever been overseas or interstate at all?

Or do you just base everything you do or won't do on hear-say?

D

dillay

iamsickofyear12 said:

yeah yeah i gets, with the constant fightings and what not D:. makes me sad really :/

Trajan

HSC
fernando said:
tamil tigers/government army bomb locals not tourists so it's all good =D

Oh so it's not even remotely possible to get caught in the cross-fire?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I wouldn't worry about not going to North Korea considering how difficult it apparently is to be let in there. I'd quite like to go for curiosity's sake, though.

I'd never go to any war - torn country or anywhere with uber high levels of violence, civil unrest, etc etc on the basis that I prefer my organs without bullet holes in them.

Apart from that, if you're allowed in and there's little to no chance of being shot/bombed/whatever, I'll go.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
Oh so it's not even remotely possible to get caught in the cross-fire?

yesh. it is possible. but seeing as it hasn't happened to a single tourist for the past 50+ years, there's a very slim chance. they're very careful about that. both sides.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I have been to three Muslim countries: Indonesia, Egypt and Jordan. Maybe four if you consider the West Bank as a country.

I visited Jordan after returning to Israel from Egypt and was hesitant about visiting another Muslim Arabic country after the chaos, harassment and poverty that is Egyptian lifestyle. I was pleased to find that Jordan is much more western: cleaner, safer and I faced little - no harassment.

I don't think it's fair labelling all Islamic countries as no-go zones.

And that's coming from a Zionist.

Peartie

HSC
JaredR said:
I visited Jordan after returning to Israel from Egypt
they let you in??

most countries in that area won't let you into their country if you have an isralei stamp in your passport!!

ZabZu

HSC
Peartie said:
they let you in??

most countries in that area won't let you into their country if you have an isralei stamp in your passport!!
Egypt and Jordan has signed a peace treaty with Israel. Even Jews with Israeli passports can go to Egypt and Jordan.

However, I know that Israelis arent allowed to visit most Arab countries, im not sure about someone with an Australian passport that has an Israeli stamp in it.

Peartie

HSC
my mate was told by his travel agent that if he visited israel first he wouldnt be able to vist x country.... so he had to go x country to israel (cant remember which country it was)....although if you have dual citizenship it makes it easier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)