• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where u up to now? (1 Viewer)

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
our proposals are due in two days......... our ext2 co ordinator conveniently 'FORGOT" to remind us about it until 3 days ago. So now the five of us who are doing ext2 are madly trying to get our proposals done. I have started my journals, have done about 8 pages so its not too bad ;-) only problem is im working tonight and i have no idea how im gonna get my proposal done! argh. its worth 10% which is quite a bit.
gosh this is hard!

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
i dont believe you have to wirte a "first draft" all in one go.
I write the opening and then different parts of the middle bits when I get sick of the opening and then refine them and piece them together and it seems to create one good story! I think you get stale staying on the one thing all the time... so I mix it up. Works for me, maybe it can help you! Doing it all in one go isnt always advisable... but then i guess it depends on the person!

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
thats the same with all works :)

damnnn seems like im the slowest out of the ee2 crowd
only 1/2 way :(

ARgh! no way youre the slowest - my proposal is due to tomorrow (which, coincidently, i am just starting now, lol) and I havent even STARTED my first draft yet. But i know my general storyline pretty well (barr intricate details) and most of the characters - because mine's based on a true story :) lucky me, the original is already written, all I hafta do is fiddle with it a bit! Nah just joking. Im using the true story as my basis and then completely turning it around to suit me and what i want to present as my story.

How is everyone else going???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ur proposal is due tomorw?!?!?! wtf? its already halfway through term 1! are u talking about the "statement of intention"?!?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i think my proposal's due in a fortnight or so...
although our teacher wasn't timetabled properly last term so i think that's why

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i did my proposal week 5 of term 4 and viva voce is week 10 this term. interesting indeed.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
btw, in terms of the topic, 'where u up to now?' i now have over 2 hours of footage for my doco and just need a little bit more before i start editing. ooh yeah! on a roll! :D

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i'm refusing to admit i have writer's block...
so overall i'm proceeding at the astonishing rate of a doped up sloth

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Hey Hotcocoababe + lads +ladesses,

*me + coco here go to the same skool + in the same ext class*

Cocoa,
Can u believe these guys have started already?!?!?!
i'm starting to think that with all the time we COULD have had to work on it in the hols, that the eng staff shoulda made us start when these guys did!

coz now I'm startin to get nervous...

coz we only JUST FINISHED our proposals!!!

how many have done their Viva Voce already.....?
*bites nails*

=PeAcE OuT=

Blackalicious

HSC
whoa well done, i wrote 1000 words and then deleted the entire thing... thats how BAD it was grrrr

olay

HSC
well...after entirely scrapping my thing about 2 wks ago... i thought up a storyline asap... [changed from website to animation btw]. and now i have no story line. *SHAKES FIST* DARN TROPFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screwed me over - made me hate my storyline. ROFL *cries*.

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
ive almost finished my first draft.. roughly another 2000 words and ill be done. but ive been editing a hell load throughout it though.

mayhemily

HSC
yeahhh hmm. i finished a story but its only 1000 words. so dammit. now i have to write another one that hopefully goes a bit longer!

Leanne

HSC
hey- to all those who are in doubt about ur story.....i changed my idea about 10 times....well, trying to edit it to make it a successful piece of work :) only 2 months b4 my story was due did i really come up wiv a good idea for my story...and then worked my butt off!!

it was worth it- got 48/50.....but make sure u put the work in...and dont leave anything to the last miute- despite how appealing it may seem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)