Which career path would you like to pursue in the future? (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Pharmacy is my current goal but I wouldn't mind law or politics either.

Mythril

HSC
LOL nice. Any idea what subject(s)?

I want to be a Civil Engineer :D

Previously thought of being a Forensic Scientist, Food Technologists and Mechanical/Electrical Engineering :)
LOL like anna did, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist or forensic pathologist before (sometimes I actually still do~). But anna what made you decide not to become a forensic scientist? (Oh and btw, congratulations for getting that awesome ATAR anna!!! ^^) Currently I either want to become a brain surgeon (but apparently you need a high ATAR and years of study in uni...), a neurologist, prosecutor, dentist, pharmacist or a psychologist~ So I'll probably pursue a degree in law or medicine after my HSC~

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
i plan to do a double commerce/law degree at uni
still not sure which career path i actual prefer though :lol:
most prob commerce but we'll see :skip:

invisibleears

HSC
Probably architecture or something in diplomacy, like in DFAT.

Was thinking of stuff like psychology and philosophy before this.

Schoey93

HSC
I hate the word career. It just sounds so unnatural to me. But what I would like to do is health science, either physiotherapy, occupational therapy or nursing. When I'm in Year 12 I might put medicine down in my preferences to, just to see if I get in, because I wouldn't mind being a GP either.

klaris

HSC
I want to get into publishing/editing.

Back up: journalism, teaching...I don't know.

Schoey93

HSC
Does anyone else here have a back-up job they will do if they get sick of uni or the HSC/decide not to go to uni? I do...veterinary nursing. The training is two TAFE courses: Certificate II in Animal Studies (6 months FT) and Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (1 year FT) - the Cert IV requires that you be employed in an animal husbandry business, e.g. veterinary practice, and the same is recommended for the Cert II although it is not a requirement.

Is it just me or are there careers that don't require university study, lol? Everyone seems so set on the HSC and uni these days ... but there are well-paid, rewarding jobs out there that don't require either. And I'm not talking about being an enterpreneur (ie starting your own business).

lalala xD

HSC
:wave: Heyys! Good Luck to future HSCers.

Wow, the thought of me in two years time is kinda scaring me, besides the fact that i'm gonna age , ugghh gonna miss those kiddy years :( Anyone on the same chain of thoughts as me?

Well, i've always wanted to be part of the medicine- obstetrician team [deeply inspired by bosco in tvb moonlight resonance] but i'm pretty hopeless in science, so if i don't make it then probably accounting or teaching maths or history. :p

HSC
:wave: Heyys! Good Luck to future HSCers.

Wow, the thought of me in two years time is kinda scaring me, besides the fact that i'm gonna age , ugghh gonna miss those kiddy years :( Anyone on the same chain of thoughts as me?

Well, i've always wanted to be part of the medicine- obstetrician team [deeply inspired by bosco in tvb moonlight resonance] but i'm pretty hopeless in science, so if i don't make it then probably accounting or teaching maths or history. :p

Yeah, the fact that we're all growing up so fast is scaring me too. Last thing I remember, I was all nervous about the first day in Year 7. And now, I'm starting Year 11. It's terrifying.

Heys, I want to be an obstetrician too! :)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i really wanna do law, and if i don't get ill try to get in through anothe degree.
if i fail miserably, i'll do IT.. havent really thought much about any other alernative pathways other than that =s
err architecture or interior design or something? i need to research more on architecture/interior design if so.. i don't know that much about it

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
either a diplomat, war correspondent journalist, a working musician or film director

S

Sampri93

I've ALWAYS had a desire to do law, but only recently have my ideas wavered...

I guess I'll end up heading towards journalism or something of that nature (vast majority of my family are in the media), but idk.

Politics has always been an option...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)