• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which course am I most likely to get in? (1 Viewer)

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Course preferences
1 609300 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and in International Studies - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (95.65)
2 609330 Bachelor of Arts in Comm (Writing & Cultural Studies) and International Studies - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (94.7)
3 600013 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism)- full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (95.45)
4 600033 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (90.25)
5 511207 Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) - full or part time at University of Sydney (98.55)
6 422011 Bachelor of Media (Communication and Journalism) - full or part time at UNSW (87.25)
7 609140 Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Arts in Int Stds - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, Kuring-gai campus (90.55)
8 300253 Bachelor of Business Administration with Bachelor of Arts - full or part time at Macquarie University, North Ryde campus (88)
9 702685 Bachelor of Communication - full or part time at UWS, Penrith campus (72.6)

Hopefully I get in. I either want to be a food & travel writer (I'm a chef by trade) or, using the business degrees, work for a food and/or tourism related company (Simon Johnson, Relais & Chateaux, Leading Hotels of The World etc) in product research and placement using my background in food and tourism. The numbers are the ATAR (obviously) and I have one crappy (though still an accepted, albeit not highly regarded) course at the end I can transfer out of and into UTS at the end of the year. Hopefully.

I'm applying as a mature age student so not knowing what my ATAR is at the moment is a little bit insane. I know in Queensland they have a "Selection Rank" for non-school leavers which is somewhat helpful/anxiety reducing...

I've got a (completed) AQF Diploma of Business (Administration) as well as an old STAT test with pretty good marks. I've also submitted a personal statement to UTS, although I don't think they accept them if I have a completed Diploma. Hopefully though... Chances guys?

Lou283

HSC
Course preferences
1 609300 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and in International Studies - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (95.65)
2 609330 Bachelor of Arts in Comm (Writing & Cultural Studies) and International Studies - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (94.7)
3 600013 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism)- full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (95.45)
4 600033 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus (90.25)
5 511207 Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) - full or part time at University of Sydney (98.55)
6 422011 Bachelor of Media (Communication and Journalism) - full or part time at UNSW (87.25)
7 609140 Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Arts in Int Stds - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, Kuring-gai campus (90.55)
8 300253 Bachelor of Business Administration with Bachelor of Arts - full or part time at Macquarie University, North Ryde campus (88)
9 702685 Bachelor of Communication - full or part time at UWS, Penrith campus (72.6)

Hopefully I get in. I either want to be a food & travel writer (I'm a chef by trade) or, using the business degrees, work for a food and/or tourism related company (Simon Johnson, Relais & Chateaux, Leading Hotels of The World etc) in product research and placement using my background in food and tourism. The numbers are the ATAR (obviously) and I have one crappy (though still an accepted, albeit not highly regarded) course at the end I can transfer out of and into UTS at the end of the year. Hopefully.

I'm applying as a mature age student so not knowing what my ATAR is at the moment is a little bit insane. I know in Queensland they have a "Selection Rank" for non-school leavers which is somewhat helpful/anxiety reducing...

I've got a (completed) AQF Diploma of Business (Administration) as well as an old STAT test with pretty good marks. I've also submitted a personal statement to UTS, although I don't think they accept them if I have a completed Diploma. Hopefully though... Chances guys?
It's hard to say I know an advanced diploma pass = 80 + but it depends on others factors they make take into consideration. UAC may be able to give you an idea of what they assessed your ATAR to be.

If your diploma is your best grade - I wouldn't hang on to getting into a course above 90. But you never know - best to call UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)