• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Excel books for year 11 (1 Viewer)

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
Riviet said:
From memory, there are three option topics to choose from: polynomials, circle geometry, and logarithms, which will eventually be covered in year 11/12.
Yes we did 'functions and logarithms', and polynomials, we were supposed to do circle geometry as well, but our really good teacher left us before 4th term and we got a lesser teacher who coulnt be bothered to teach us.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
m0ofin said:
Yeah, I've been told by my English teacher that she couldn't teach us anything from the prelim course during rollover because it was illegal but for Maths, we started the prelim course in the beginning of year 10. Is this normal? I'm not sure if that's beneficial or detrimental for our poor brains *cries*
Yes for mathematics there are some option topics that cover part of the preliminary course which teachers can teach in year 10 and if the class is accelerated then they sure can be doing HSC year or preliminary year in year 10.

Wooz said:
What Uni level chem book should i get?
I guess you need this for reference, I and many other current HSC students would suggest that you wait before buying study guides although you already have all the basic study guides you should wait before buying further reference resources as sometimes they are not needed.

As for a good chem uni book to use not really sure some ’05 HSC or uni students could help you with that.

Destiny101

HSC
Are there preliminary revision and/or study guides for Advanced English and English Extension 1?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Excel only has a book called prelim english, it's for both prelin english advanced and standard studnets. There are not many prelim english books for extension, standard or advanced because the syllabus for prelim is too broad. How ever there are many study guides, note books for indivicual units of work eg macbeth etc, they cost around $10-$20.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)