Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
maq defintely owns actuarial.howeva in a few years im sure unsw and anu will build up their programs and theyre not bad rite now...

I disagree with prestige determining employment...its all about grades when u just come out of uni...and maq has a very ECFS department.

UNSW also has a really good (prolly better) dept but im not too sure on syd...i reckon maq is up there with nsw and syd in terms of commerce...

cr in accg

HSC
Macquarie for sure. best for business, commerce, accounting, economics, actuarials, demographics/marketing.

much better than UTS where u could get a business degree there even if u had flunked out of school

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
cr in accg said:
Macquarie for sure. best for business, commerce, accounting, economics, actuarials, demographics/marketing.

much better than UTS where u could get a business degree there even if u had flunked out of school
wouldn't that be Macq? where you can transfer into commerce by getting a Pass average in any degree? UTS require external UAC transfers into B.Business.

Acid

HSC
cr in accg said:

Minai said:
wouldn't that be Macq? where you can transfer into commerce by getting a Pass average in any degree? UTS require external UAC transfers into B.Business.
HAHAHAH - Shut down.

hasterz

HSC
since finance at USYD is the best and acct is best @ UNSW, what if i do acct/finance, which uni better overall?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hasterz said:
since finance at USYD is the best and acct is best @ UNSW, what if i do acct/finance, which uni better overall?
who said finance was the best at syd? neway ur decision wud b based on location (some of my friends dont like the travelling when going to syd/nsw) and ur uai...i think u shud consider either maq or unsw for accg/fin...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Comm (lib) @ USYD is, i think, the coolest commerce/economic degree going around.

sarevok

HSC
"since finance at USYD is the best and acct is best @ UNSW, what if i do acct/finance, which uni better overall?"

Out of Sydney and NSW I don't think it really matters which one you choose, the differences between the two are quite marginal (just like the differences between UTS and MAQ are marginal), so think about which campus you prefer, travelling times etc.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
absolution* said:
Comm (lib) @ USYD is, i think, the coolest commerce/economic degree going around.
It's good if you have no idea what you want to do yet.
Otherwise it's pretty much a waste of time if you know you want to work in Accounting for example (it's an extra year)

S

Shuter

I met a guy a few days ago who had completed Commerce at U Syd, then worked in China for a few years in Business, now is back here doing his MBA at UTS. He said their MBA reputation is highly reguarded.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Minai said:
common slogan at mac : "easy to get in, hard to get out".

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Shuter said:
I met a guy a few days ago who had completed Commerce at U Syd, then worked in China for a few years in Business, now is back here doing his MBA at UTS. He said their MBA reputation is highly reguarded.
MBA at macq is #1 in asia pacific. well, at least they advertise it on their billboards.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
sarevok said:
4) Maquarie
Pros: Well regarded commerce degree. Supposedly very good teaching quality; one of the lecturers is president of the CA.
Alex Malley. ACT 1A & 1B lecturer. President of CPA N.S.W. :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Grizzly said:
MBA at macq is #1 in asia pacific. well, at least they advertise it on their billboards.
yep this is true MGSM is #1 in asia pacific...and from memory i think they were #1 for student quality as well

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Supra said:
yep this is true MGSM is #1 in asia pacific...and from memory i think they were #1 for student quality as well
Well, im not surprised :)
The MBA fees at macq is approximately 40k per year. (Usually sponsored by employers)
But hey, you get it back using the White leather lounges, and caupocinno machines in your tutorial rooms ! ..not to mention the 4star hotel attached to MGSM.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
charmed_cuties said:
I think Alex Malley is now the vice president of cpa australia. I heard he moved up the ranks and also i'm in his lectures for accounting 1A
Ahhh, malley is moving up in the world, lol
This must be the reason why he is always late for lectures, and leaves the lecture and returns 15mins later during a 2 hour lecture lol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Grizzly said:
Well, im not surprised :)
The MBA fees at macq is approximately 40k per year. (Usually sponsored by employers)
But hey, you get it back using the White leather lounges, and caupocinno machines in your tutorial rooms ! ..not to mention the 4star hotel attached to MGSM.
I'd so wanna do an MBA at MGSM...one day...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)